- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
Billie Eilish was performing at a concert when she noticed something was amiss: Her ring went missing, and she believed someone in the crowd stole it. Eilish’s fans quickly rallied together on Twitter to get to the bottom of the theft. Now they think they may have cracked the case.
According to BuzzFeed, Eilish was performing at the Austin City Limits Festival in Texas when she noticed the jewelry was missing.
“Somebody stole my f*cking ring,” she told the crowd, who responded to the news with boos. “Ugh, guess that’s my fault. Keep that sh*t. Take care of that sh*t.”
Even though the 17-year-old seemed prepared to never see her ring again, her fans sprang to action and did some digging.
“Hey, @billieeilish,” one fan tweeted, along with footage of the concert. “I think I know when your ring got stolen.”
In the video, screaming fans tug at Eilish’s hand while she sings into her mic. The video zooms in on the exact moment a fan appears to be grabbing her hand.
Other fans tweeted video and photographic evidence of the alleged ring thief. In one of the videos, a woman can be heard asking security to give her a ring from off of the floor, which she claims was hers and fell off.
“God, that must be her ring #billieeilish,” Twitter user @Alex666_Eilish wrote, along with the video.
Another Twitter user shared a video that captured a different moment of Eilish passing by fans and giving them high fives. A woman can be heard in the video saying, “I took her ring” after the singer passes by.
Yet another Twitter user shared screenshots from someone claiming to have found Eilish’s ring but that they were unable to return it because she was already backstage.
“I have it but don’t worry I won’t sell it,” the person wrote.
It’s unclear whether or not Billie Eilish will be taking any action to get her ring back, but one thing is for certain: She has some very dedicated fans who would make awesome detectives.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.