- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
YouTuber Seth Everman just broke a YouTube record.
His comment simply read, “i’m the bald guy.”
On Saturday, Everman realized that his comment had reached the milestone and posted on Twitter to celebrate his new world record.
“World record! first youtube comment ever to hit 1 million likes. we did it gamers,” he tweeted.
world record! first youtube comment ever to hit 1 million likes. we did it gamers pic.twitter.com/yubDW5mZL9— Seth Everman (@SethEverman) October 12, 2019
He then asked YouTube to award him for his achievement.
“Hello @YouTube i would like one golden comment award please,” he tweeted.
hello @YouTube i would like one golden comment award please— Seth Everman (@SethEverman) October 12, 2019
People on Twitter quickly sent Everman their congratulations, with most noting how “legendary” this is.
“That’s bonkers!” Twitter user @jacksepticeye wrote.
That’s bonkers!— Jacksepticeye (@Jack_Septic_Eye) October 12, 2019
Absolutely legendary.— Jlipper (@OfficialJlipper) October 12, 2019
Some even pointed out that, based on the screenshot Everman posted online, he appeared to have disliked his own comment.
“We did it, Mr. Stark- Waitaminute *looks closer* Seth why’d you dislike your own comment,” Twitter user @BlueSpringPriv wrote.
We did it, Mr. Stark-— Z̶̺̟͉̭̏̌͂́͝à̷̲͇͙n̷̢̮̦̫͉͖̞̥̥̓͘ (@BluSpringPriv) October 12, 2019
Seth why'd you dislike your own comment
Did you dislike your own comment— Thomas Hercouët radio - beats to relax/study to (@DrHercouet) October 12, 2019
Meanwhile, people flocked to the music video on YouTube to see the 1 million-liked comment for themselves.
“Who else came here to see the 1m liked comment,” one asked.
“Who’s here to see ‘I’m the bald guy’ comment?” another questioned.
“Who else is here from JT telling us to like Seth’s comment?” someone else commented.
Others came with praise for Everman, and even themselves.
“The most dangerous man of 2019 is Seth Everman,” one user commented. “So guys, we did it. The comment has hit 1M likes,” another wrote.
Everman seems to be a Billie Eilish fan, even making a YouTube video about “bad guy,” in which he tries to recreate the song from scratch. The video has nearly 40 million views.
Everman now joins a long list of others who have broken YouTube records. PSY’s “Gangnam Style” was the first YouTube video to reach 1 billion views. And YouTube’s own “YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind” video is the most disliked video on the platform.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.