- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Friday 10:32 AM
YouTuber Seth Everman just broke a YouTube record.
His comment simply read, “i’m the bald guy.”
On Saturday, Everman realized that his comment had reached the milestone and posted on Twitter to celebrate his new world record.
“World record! first youtube comment ever to hit 1 million likes. we did it gamers,” he tweeted.
world record! first youtube comment ever to hit 1 million likes. we did it gamers pic.twitter.com/yubDW5mZL9— Seth Everman (@SethEverman) October 12, 2019
He then asked YouTube to award him for his achievement.
“Hello @YouTube i would like one golden comment award please,” he tweeted.
hello @YouTube i would like one golden comment award please— Seth Everman (@SethEverman) October 12, 2019
People on Twitter quickly sent Everman their congratulations, with most noting how “legendary” this is.
“That’s bonkers!” Twitter user @jacksepticeye wrote.
That’s bonkers!— Jacksepticeye (@Jack_Septic_Eye) October 12, 2019
Absolutely legendary.— Jlipper (@OfficialJlipper) October 12, 2019
Some even pointed out that, based on the screenshot Everman posted online, he appeared to have disliked his own comment.
“We did it, Mr. Stark- Waitaminute *looks closer* Seth why’d you dislike your own comment,” Twitter user @BlueSpringPriv wrote.
We did it, Mr. Stark-— Z̶̺̟͉̭̏̌͂́͝à̷̲͇͙n̷̢̮̦̫͉͖̞̥̥̓͘ (@BluSpringPriv) October 12, 2019
Seth why'd you dislike your own comment
Did you dislike your own comment— Thomas Hercouët radio - beats to relax/study to (@DrHercouet) October 12, 2019
Meanwhile, people flocked to the music video on YouTube to see the 1 million-liked comment for themselves.
“Who else came here to see the 1m liked comment,” one asked.
“Who’s here to see ‘I’m the bald guy’ comment?” another questioned.
“Who else is here from JT telling us to like Seth’s comment?” someone else commented.
Others came with praise for Everman, and even themselves.
“The most dangerous man of 2019 is Seth Everman,” one user commented. “So guys, we did it. The comment has hit 1M likes,” another wrote.
Everman seems to be a Billie Eilish fan, even making a YouTube video about “bad guy,” in which he tries to recreate the song from scratch. The video has nearly 40 million views.
Everman now joins a long list of others who have broken YouTube records. PSY’s “Gangnam Style” was the first YouTube video to reach 1 billion views. And YouTube’s own “YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind” video is the most disliked video on the platform.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.