- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
Thrift stores are known for housing hidden treasures, but chances are you’ve never seen a celebrity’s clothes on the racks.
Last week, Twitter user @arrrrrleth said she was shopping in an L.A. thrift store with her cousin when they came across a highlighter-colored jacket.
“My cousin found a jacket and decided to buy it inside of it was a note,” she wrote on Twitter, along with a photo of the jacket and a note that reads, “Stay warm, Billie!” next to the social media handle for a person named “Donnie,” @Donnie_Gloede.
So I was in LA, thrift shopping with my cousin. And we decided to check out this new thrift shop instead of going to the same ones we always go to. My cousin found a jacket and decided to buy it inside of it was a note pic.twitter.com/qomhRcFPwL— noodleheadass (@arrrrrleth) November 8, 2019
“I found the guys Instagram and there’s a pic of him giving the jacket to Billie. He gave.. this jacket… TO BILLIE EILISH,” arrrrrleth tweeted.
I found the guys Instagram and there’s a pic of him giving the jacket to Billie. He gave.. this jacket... TO BILLIE EILISH— noodleheadass (@arrrrrleth) November 8, 2019
The fan’s Instagram account contains photos of him with Eilish at a meet-and-greet. And sure enough, there are photos of him gifting her the same jacket. The fan, named Donnie Gloede, saw arrrrrleth’s tweets.
“:O that’s me!!! @billieeilish I’m sad to see the jacket never kept you warm,” Gloede responded.
:O that’s me!!! @billieeilish I’m sad to see the jacket never kept you warm 😢— Donnie Gloede (@Donnie_Gloede) November 9, 2019
Still, arrrrrleth said she wasn’t letting the jacket to go waste. “Omg I’m so sorry at least it’s keeping me warm lol @billieeilish give @Donnie_Gloede tickets or something and make it up to him,” arrrrrleth tweeted to Gloede.
Eilish hasn’t responded to the tweets, but we assume she wasn’t being a “bad guy” when she gave the jacket away.
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video
- Billie Eilish’s merch pulled off website after admitting to using stolen anime art
- Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ is spawning increasingly bizarre video memes
Alexandra Samuels is a political reporter at the Texas Tribune and contributor to the Daily Dot, where she started as an intern covering politics in the summer of 2016. She enjoys Marvel movies, baking, and reading murder-mystery novels.