- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
LBJ Library/Flickr (Public Domain)
The deal, which has yet to be finalized, would see the Obamas make “a series of high-profile shows.” Details are scarce so it’s unknown how many shows the Obamas would work on, what the shows would be about, the number of episodes those shows would have, or exactly what role the Obamas would play in those shows, but sources have said that the programming would “highlight inspirational stories.” His platform on Netflix wouldn’t be used by Obama to address critics or political opponents (including Donald Trump).
The possibilities are endless. Potential show ideas being considered range from Michelle Obama discussing nutrition to Obama hosting conversations that center around topics he’s passionate about. Part of the deal could just include endorsements of other programming by the Obamas.
While it’s unknown how much the deal is worth, Netflix has demonstrated it will sign major, multi-year deals with some of Hollywood’s top creatives to get their programming on Netflix including Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy.
Obama has previously appeared on Netflix in the first episode of David Letterman’s new talk show My Next Guest Needs No Introduction. And both Barack and Michelle Obama have memoirs in the works after signing a deal with Penguin Random House worth more than $60 million. Michelle Obama’s memoir, Becoming, will be released on Nov. 13 while Obama’s memoir is set to be released spring 2019.
H/T New York Times
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.