- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird 1 Year Ago
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free 1 Year Ago
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
Now, people are speculating that Grande actually is pregnant, because of some of the imagery in her latest music video.
Her newest single “God Is a Woman” was uploaded to YouTube on Friday—where it was the top-trending video as of this writing on Saturday—and users immediately noticed some symbolism. Or what they thought/hoped was symbolism that hinted that Grande might be pregnant.
First, here’s the video. And then, we can discuss what people are saying.
In the video, Grande sits on top of the Earth, playing with weather patterns and perhaps giving us the symbolism that Grande is Mother Earth. Someecards investigates further, writing, “At the 1:45 mark, the video shows a flurry of tiny Arianas dancing. Then, a larger Ariana emerges from the hive and turns to look at the camera before looking down at her stomach. At this point her stomach explodes into a flock of tiny flowers.”
There’s also this image that, um, doesn’t leave much to the imagination where Grande appears to be gazing down at her swollen belly.
Some of her fans, meanwhile, went bonkers at the possibilities of a baby Grande.
@ArianaGrande I have a theory. So you and Pete got engaged so quick (congrats girl!) my theory is that you are pregnant and in Italy you have to get married before having a baby? one of the parts is you with a baby bump. Are you pregnant or is it just to show how strong women are pic.twitter.com/dKUeDzwv5H— Marshall (@ItzMarshallT123) July 14, 2018
Yaaaa for her omg I didn’t know she was pregnant— Peace, Love, and Rootbeer (@LayingInStars) July 14, 2018
Neither Grande nor Davidson have made any comments about whether Grande is pregnant, though Davidson, after the video came out, was quick to write on her Instagram account, “YUM YUM YUM.”
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- 14 mind-blowing nature and science documentaries on Netflix
- Netflix release dates: Everything to look forward to in 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.