- Microsoft employees want to cancel a $479 million contract with the U.S. military Today 1:14 PM
- Queso recipe gets launched to space Today 10:09 AM
- ‘Isabelle Facts’ was a wholesome queer meme account—until harassers showed up Today 8:28 AM
- 2016 election stories the ‘Newsroom’ reboot will cover Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Brandon Rios vs. Humberto Soto for free Today 6:00 AM
- ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ heads to ‘Bly Manor’ for next installment Today 5:45 AM
- How to stream James DeGale vs. Chris Eubank Jr. for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 145 in Prague for free Today 5:00 AM
- R. Kelly charged in Chicago with multiple counts of sex abuse Friday 7:51 PM
- Elon Musk finally hosts PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
Now, people are speculating that Grande actually is pregnant, because of some of the imagery in her latest music video.
Her newest single “God Is a Woman” was uploaded to YouTube on Friday—where it was the top-trending video as of this writing on Saturday—and users immediately noticed some symbolism. Or what they thought/hoped was symbolism that hinted that Grande might be pregnant.
First, here’s the video. And then, we can discuss what people are saying.
In the video, Grande sits on top of the Earth, playing with weather patterns and perhaps giving us the symbolism that Grande is Mother Earth. Someecards investigates further, writing, “At the 1:45 mark, the video shows a flurry of tiny Arianas dancing. Then, a larger Ariana emerges from the hive and turns to look at the camera before looking down at her stomach. At this point her stomach explodes into a flock of tiny flowers.”
There’s also this image that, um, doesn’t leave much to the imagination where Grande appears to be gazing down at her swollen belly.
Some of her fans, meanwhile, went bonkers at the possibilities of a baby Grande.
— kieu ♡ (@softkieu) July 13, 2018
— alfie (@alfiemeader) July 13, 2018
@ArianaGrande I have a theory. So you and Pete got engaged so quick (congrats girl!) my theory is that you are pregnant and in Italy you have to get married before having a baby? one of the parts is you with a baby bump. Are you pregnant or is it just to show how strong women are pic.twitter.com/dKUeDzwv5H
— Marshall (@ItzMarshallT123) July 14, 2018
Yaaaa for her omg I didn’t know she was pregnant
— Peace, Love, and Rootbeer (@LayingInStars) July 14, 2018
— josue (@JosueJellyfish) July 14, 2018
Neither Grande nor Davidson have made any comments about whether Grande is pregnant, though Davidson, after the video came out, was quick to write on her Instagram account, “YUM YUM YUM.”
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- 14 mind-blowing nature and science documentaries on Netflix
- Netflix release dates: Everything to look forward to in 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.