- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Thursday 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Thursday 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Thursday 9:00 AM
Now, people are speculating that Grande actually is pregnant, because of some of the imagery in her latest music video.
Her newest single “God Is a Woman” was uploaded to YouTube on Friday—where it was the top-trending video as of this writing on Saturday—and users immediately noticed some symbolism. Or what they thought/hoped was symbolism that hinted that Grande might be pregnant.
First, here’s the video. And then, we can discuss what people are saying.
In the video, Grande sits on top of the Earth, playing with weather patterns and perhaps giving us the symbolism that Grande is Mother Earth. Someecards investigates further, writing, “At the 1:45 mark, the video shows a flurry of tiny Arianas dancing. Then, a larger Ariana emerges from the hive and turns to look at the camera before looking down at her stomach. At this point her stomach explodes into a flock of tiny flowers.”
There’s also this image that, um, doesn’t leave much to the imagination where Grande appears to be gazing down at her swollen belly.
Some of her fans, meanwhile, went bonkers at the possibilities of a baby Grande.
— kieu ♡ (@softkieu) July 13, 2018
— alfie (@alfiemeader) July 13, 2018
@ArianaGrande I have a theory. So you and Pete got engaged so quick (congrats girl!) my theory is that you are pregnant and in Italy you have to get married before having a baby? one of the parts is you with a baby bump. Are you pregnant or is it just to show how strong women are pic.twitter.com/dKUeDzwv5H
— Marshall (@ItzMarshallT123) July 14, 2018
Yaaaa for her omg I didn’t know she was pregnant
— Peace, Love, and Rootbeer (@LayingInStars) July 14, 2018
— josue (@JosueJellyfish) July 14, 2018
Neither Grande nor Davidson have made any comments about whether Grande is pregnant, though Davidson, after the video came out, was quick to write on her Instagram account, “YUM YUM YUM.”
- The most-viewed YouTube videos of all time
- 14 mind-blowing nature and science documentaries on Netflix
- Netflix release dates: Everything to look forward to in 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.