- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time 8 Years Ago
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency 8 Years Ago
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now 8 Years Ago
- What is the meme of the decade? Today 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Today 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Today 12:17 PM
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard Today 11:24 AM
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition Today 11:09 AM
- Why is everyone debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
Alec Baldwin returns to Twitter
A month after his American Airlines fiasco, the 30 Rock star shares more words with friends on the microblogging site.
We hate to say “I told you so,” but the Daily Dot totally called this last month. Alec Baldwin could never leave Twitter for good.
Baldwin continued by wishing his followers a “Happy New Year” and then tweeted about being on vacation in the Turks and Caicos with his girlfriend, Hilaria Thomas. He asked his followers how the Lions had been playing since he’d left and even prompted a political discussion about the Republican candidates.
It had been one month since Baldwin made up his mind to leave the service. This directly followed a controversy in which the 30 Rock actor was kicked off an American Airlines flight for refusing to turn off his phone. He was infamously playing Words with Friends, though the Daily Dot discovered that the issue wasn’t as cut-and-dry as either Baldwin or American would make it seem.
On Dec. 6, Baldwin made a multi-tweet rant about the American Airlines policies he disagreed with. He finally concluded with a prompt to his followers:
“Let’s play a game called Mass Unfollowing. I want to crash this acct and start again. But, tonight at 10 PM, NY time, unfollow me,” he tweeted.
Baldwin promptly confused us behind the scenes by changing his Twitter handle, @AlecBaldwin, to the lower profile @deactivated001—and back again—before clamming up for the remainder of the month.
Luckily for Baldwin, people are ready to put last month’s controversy behind them. Not only have Twitter users embraced this prodigal son with open arms, but NBC has not decided to take any action against him for his antics. And, costar Tina Fey has even confirmed Baldwin’s appearance on 30 Rock through season seven.
“lol @ Back on Twitter, as long as your not back on a Plane Alec !” wrote @shamrockbail.
Photo by Vivanista1
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.