- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored 4 Years Ago
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers 4 Years Ago
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
- How to watch ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ season 10 Today 9:55 AM
- George Lucas met Baby Yoda, and we can’t handle it Today 8:45 AM
- Apple TV+’s ‘Little America’ shines a light on immigrant stories Today 8:00 AM
Adele’s ‘Hello’ hits 1 billion YouTube views in record time
‘Hello’ nabs a new milestone.
The video made waves from day one on the platform, with 50 million views after just two days on the service. It hit 110 million views in a week.
The milestone’s previous record holder was Psy, whose “Gangnam Style” spent weeks online before it became a viral hit, allowing “Hello” to surpass its record by 71 weeks. Three years ago when Psy rocked the charts, it was also the first music video to hit 10 digits, but now that’s more commonplace, meaning Adele might not keep her record for long.
Screengrab via AdeleVEVO/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.