- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening 4 Years Ago
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Today 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Today 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Today 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Today 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Today 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Today 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Today 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Texans vs. Colts in Week 7 Today 3:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Liverpool Saturday 10:00 PM
Adele’s ‘Hello’ hits 1 billion YouTube views in record time
‘Hello’ nabs a new milestone.
The video made waves from day one on the platform, with 50 million views after just two days on the service. It hit 110 million views in a week.
The milestone’s previous record holder was Psy, whose “Gangnam Style” spent weeks online before it became a viral hit, allowing “Hello” to surpass its record by 71 weeks. Three years ago when Psy rocked the charts, it was also the first music video to hit 10 digits, but now that’s more commonplace, meaning Adele might not keep her record for long.
Screengrab via AdeleVEVO/YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.