- The 2020 guide to live TV streaming for cord cutters 7 Years Ago
- Popular dating app Growlr just suspended its users Today 8:23 AM
- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
The 10 best “Community” supercuts
Who needs Community‘s Season 4 when you can relive all of the shows best moments in supercuts?
If all went according to plan, Community’s fourth—and presumably final—season would be premiering tonight on NBC, buried deep in its Friday night lineup.
Unfortunately the cult comedy was recently shelved indefinitely, the latest in a comedy of errors by the network that dates back to the dismissal of creator Dan Harmon.
But fear not. Thanks mostly to YouTube user dhorley, there’s an easy and time-efficient manner to relive all your favorite moments from the show: supercuts.
The video montages boil down the show’s meta-humor with best recurring gags, favorite references, and cutaways, from “Troy and Abed in the Morning” to the endless amount of iterations on the word “douche.”
“When it’s done really well, [a supercut] surfaces either a cliché or a catch-phrase or a behavior that maybe’s not that immediately obvious how widely used it is,” noted Andy Baio, founder of Supercut.org, to the Daily Dot. “It’s sort of exposing in the best possible way, the most visual immediate way, that a cliché exists.”
With that in mind, rewatch some of the show’s most meta jokes before it’s too late.
1) “You Suck!”
2) “Donald Glover crying is the funniest thing ever”
3) “Magnitude – Pop Pop!”
4) “Community – DAYBREAK”
5) “Community – Douche Bag”
6) “Community – Duh Doy”
7) “Community – Awww….”
8) “Community – You’re the Worst!”
9) “Troy and Abed – The Handshake”
10) “Community – A Little Spare Chang (the chang puns!)”
Photo via dhorley/YouTube
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.