- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play 3 Years Ago
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Today 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Today 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
You gotta ask yourself.
On Friday afternoon, Twitter was rocked by a simple question.
This led, naturally, to other—better—questions.
“uhhh, baby who?” – millennials who haven’t taken the millennial pledge
— cale g weissman (@caleweissman) October 23, 2015
BROBIBLE: If You Could Go Back in Time and Fuck Hitler’s Hot Mom, Would You Do It?
— Cooper Fleishman (@_Cooper) October 23, 2015
If you could travel thru time and wished to engage in altruistic assassinations, would you kill your targets in their infancy or as adults?
— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) October 23, 2015
Why don’t they ever ask if you’d *kidnap* Baby Hitler? You’ve got a time machine. You could drop him off with a caveman family or something.
— Jesse Walker (@notjessewalker) October 23, 2015
Knowing what you know now would you invade Iraq if Hussein was babysitting baby Hitler?
— Olivia Nuzzi (@Olivianuzzi) October 23, 2015
And nearly everyone had an opinion.
Lurking beneath these hypothetical moral choices, of course, was a still deeper question about space-time and history: What if Baby Hitler? Imagine it. Baby Hitler, sitting there, Hitlering there in his high chair. His little baby legs dangle at a Hitleresque angle. His Hitlery eyes stare straight through you. Does he have a mustache? Of course not: He’s a baby.
But he’s also Hitler.
Man, what a mindfuck.
Photo via Craig Nagy/Flickr
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'