- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake 4 Years Ago
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
You gotta ask yourself.
On Friday afternoon, Twitter was rocked by a simple question.
This led, naturally, to other—better—questions.
“uhhh, baby who?” – millennials who haven’t taken the millennial pledge
— cale g weissman (@caleweissman) October 23, 2015
BROBIBLE: If You Could Go Back in Time and Fuck Hitler’s Hot Mom, Would You Do It?
— Cooper Fleishman (@_Cooper) October 23, 2015
If you could travel thru time and wished to engage in altruistic assassinations, would you kill your targets in their infancy or as adults?
— southpaw (@nycsouthpaw) October 23, 2015
Why don’t they ever ask if you’d *kidnap* Baby Hitler? You’ve got a time machine. You could drop him off with a caveman family or something.
— Jesse Walker (@notjessewalker) October 23, 2015
Knowing what you know now would you invade Iraq if Hussein was babysitting baby Hitler?
— Olivia Nuzzi (@Olivianuzzi) October 23, 2015
And nearly everyone had an opinion.
Lurking beneath these hypothetical moral choices, of course, was a still deeper question about space-time and history: What if Baby Hitler? Imagine it. Baby Hitler, sitting there, Hitlering there in his high chair. His little baby legs dangle at a Hitleresque angle. His Hitlery eyes stare straight through you. Does he have a mustache? Of course not: He’s a baby.
But he’s also Hitler.
Man, what a mindfuck.
Photo via Craig Nagy/Flickr
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'