- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Thursday 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Thursday 11:06 AM
Though some of these may cause people to take offense, regard gender norms as an absolute travesty, or, after one too many beers, fully ignore management’s wishes regarding where one urinates, we still appreciate the collective wittiness. We’ve annotated these ambiguous toilet hieroglyphics to the best of our restroom-reading abilities:
This bathroom gets us asking, first and foremost: How do mermaids pee, anyway?
BLA vs. BLABLABLA—we recognize the joke, but this can come off a bit derogatory.
Beyoncé‘s “to the left” has new meaning with this sign.
These minimal doors will test your Bio 101 knowledge of chromosomes.
This bathroom goes medieval af and gets some laughs with its honest truth.
May the force be with you as nature calls your name.
In Seoul, Korea, some graphic designer decided to get a little freaky.
The beer resembles urine too much for our liking—even if that’s the idea.
Batman and Wonder Woman make appearances.
Cat vs. rooster = pussy vs. cock?
This single-occupancy restroom is for all sci-fi and comic book heroes alike! Woohoo!
This bathroom supports a “Come one, come all!” way of life—and we dig it.
These clouds somehow gracefully represent both female and male genitalia.
Peeing has never made us feel so weirdly thirsty.
These are probably all nightmares to come across on a night out, and it only takes a few drinks until we confuse one bathroom for another, but when nature calls… does it really matter?!
Dahlia Dandashi is a multimedia content producer. Her work has been published at the Austin American-Statesman and Viceland. An Arab-American raised in Dubai, she is based in Austin, Texas.