- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
Virginia man tries to give away his dog-hating girlfriend on Craigslist
Is dog man’s best friend, or man’s only friend?
Staying put and decidedly not for sale? The man’s beagle, Molly.
“MY girlfriend does not like my beagle molly. SO i have to rehome her,” the mystery Craigslist poster wrote. He continued with a lengthy description, including, “She is a purebred from a wealthy area and I have had her 4 years. She likes to play games. Not totally trained.”
Finally, he finished it off with, “So… anyone interested in my 30 year old, selfish, wicked, gold-digging girlfriend? Come and get her! Me and my dog want her re-homed ASAP!!”
As the ad went viral, the poster quickly made a few edits to clear things up.
Update 06/24/ sorry but she has been re-homed her original breeders (Her Parents) have taken her back home Molly & I are Looking for a new one 🙂
-THIS WAS A JOKE – A GOOD ONE APPARENTLY
This has been a silly “WILLY BYERSS” production to make a point in a funny way thank you all for the laughs I got back in the emails… and thanks For putting this on the national news FOX ENT lol … I think the joke has run its course though I was just being my funny self … Now that a million people have seen this. The message I have is “ADOPT DONT SHOP & HAVING A DOG IS A LIFETIME COMMITMENT NOT JUST TIL ITS INCONVENIENT”
MY GIRLFRIEND LOVES MY DOGS AND I DONT HAVE A BEAGLE I HAVE A PITBULL NAMED “OLAF’ I DID EXPECT THIS TO GO A LITTLE VIRAL BUT NOT NEARLY THIS FAR… SO I’M GONNA SET IT STRAIGHT 🙂 IT WAS ORIGINALLY JUST TO MAKE THE POINT TO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR DOGS AND TO BE FUNNY”
Let’s just hope that his girlfriend doesn’t decide to get a cat, or he—and possibly even Molly—could be Roanoke’s next “Curb Alert.”
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.