- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 2 Years Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 2 Years Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
T-Rex man playing drums while dude gets arrested behind him is peak NYC
Nothing can distract this dino-man from rocking out on his bucket drums.
In 1990, Mariah Carey released the video for her hit song “Someday,” off her self-titled album. The video featured a young man named Larry Wright playing drums on a five-gallon bucket, a relatively unknown phenomenon at the time.
Things have never been the same.
Obviously, you’re going to have to step your game up if you want to stand out in today’s fast paced world of bucket drumming. You could, for instance, take off your shirt and put on a dinosaur mask.
Thing is, you can’t really see out of those rubber mask, so even if the NYPD was arresting some poor dude like right behind you, you probably wouldn’t even notice, since you also couldn’t hear anything over the sick beats you were laying down.
Now, as far as drum skills go, this guy isn’t bad. He’s no Larry Wright, but he can hold a beat and you could probably dance to it.
But it’s really everything else going on that makes this video an instant classic. Obviously, the dude has short arms (he knew what he was doing when he bought that T-Rex mask), but let’s not forget the importance of those shorts, unzipped and pushed down for maximum maneuverability around his drums.
Or his excited nose waggle whenever he’s really getting into it (or his face is just sweaty).
Then you’ve got the dude being arrested in the background, acting like it’s just a typical day for him, getting hassled by the cops.
Most important to the video’s success is how the two groups almost completely ignore each other during the whole process.
Well okay, there’s one brief moment when our hero looks over, but who knows, maybe he was just stretching his neck. It’s not like he could see much out of that mask.
If you live in New York City and your friends ever ask you what it’s like, forget about showing them Humans of New York, or watching movies like Manhattan or Taxi Driver, everything you need to know is now neatly contained in one beautiful 31 second video clip.
Or, if you’re in a real hurry, just use this GIF.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.