- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar 3 Years Ago
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC 3 Years Ago
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Today 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Today 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Today 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Today 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Today 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Today 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
The silverback gorilla is a pretty majestic creature. Though recently thrust into the spotlight for a tragic reason, the endangered species is finally getting a chance to shine for all the right reasons thanks to Reddit‘s r/PsBattle.
Here’s the hardcore ape turning heads and prompting acts of artistry like no other:
Just look at that badass motherfucker. Like hell one of you could take this gorilla, even while he’s busy chowing down on a carrot. Naturally, redditors were out to prove just how much of a gangster this carrot-chomping silverback is.
The ape even ended up in the superhero universe, assuming the roles of Hell Boy and newspaper editor J. Jonah Jameson. And don’t doubt this gorilla’s leading man status for a second. Looks like r/PsBattle just put in their pick for the next James Bond.
Multiple Winston Churchill apes were also Photoshopped in this challenge, joining the likes of anyone in recent memory to have an oral fixation that can only be quelled by cigars.
If this isn’t a pitch-perfect way to raise awareness of the plight of the silverback gorilla and honor Harambe, I don’t know what is.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.