- Lucasfilm announces new franchise of ‘Star Wars’ tie-in books and comics 3 Years Ago
- YouTube yanks revenue from controversial star who faked his girlfriend’s death 3 Years Ago
- Facebook can ignore misleading political ads. This Democrat wants to change that 3 Years Ago
- How to watch tonight’s South Carolina 2020 Democratic presidential debate Today 8:41 AM
- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? Today 7:02 AM
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? Today 6:30 AM
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
In defense of Tindering while you poop
All is fair in love and bowel movements.
We all know you’re going to be on your smartphone in the bathroom. You might as well use your time going number two to find “the one.”
Now, you’re probably thinking to yourself, “ya nasty.” But this is a no-judgment zone. Leave your attitude at the door that leads into the restroom. And let’s face the facts: According to a survey of over 400 people, 61 percent admitted using their phone while going to the bathroom. On top of that, 31 percent said that they stayed longer in the loo to finish up whatever they were doing on their phone. Instead of aimlessly scrolling through your Instagram feed full of basics from high school or returning your uncle’s texts asking about memes, you ought to turn your attention to finding love on Tinder.
Let’s also get something else straight: The idea is that you Tinder before wiping. It’s not like you’re taking care of your butt and then returning your fingers to your phone screen. Any Tindering should happen pre-wiping.
Screengrab via author
The bathroom stall is the perfect space to take a breather and open up the matchmaking app. While sitting on the toilet, you can truly center yourself and really concentrate on the profiles of possible suitors in a 5-mile radius. Or if you’re having trouble passing that breakfast burrito, let some rapid-fire swiping distract you from your bowel pains.
Furthermore, it’s an excellent idea to get through all your swipes while in the bathroom instead of elsewhere. Imagine doing it at your desk, where your boss can catch you matching and messaging sexxii peach emojis to Tony, 27. That would be a horror. Or at your parents’ house, with both of them nosily looking over all the profiles you’re swiping left on, your mother going, “but he looks like a nice Jewish boy!” And running out of swipes early in the day while in the restroom will also keep you from rudely breaking out your phone while at dinner with your friends.
This way you get to judge a book by its three Tinder profile pictures and a hastily written profile in the privacy of your own oasis.
To make you feel more comfortable with beginning to look for love while dropping off a load, just take a look at the many people who have publicly joined the movement.
TBH I only check my Tinder when I poop, so if I’m giving you a lot of attention that just means I had tacos today.
— Kadin (@KadinPanti) September 29, 2016
“I tinder while I poop. I have no shame” 😂😂😂
— Ash (@ashleymartinezq) September 3, 2016
“I’m gonna poop and tinder at the same time” -My Roommate
— Aaliyah Ismail (@aaliyahiv) August 25, 2016
tinder is a while-I’m-pooping activity
— ❀hannah❀ (@hjvillareal) September 29, 2016
I browse Tinder pretty much exclusively while pooping.
— Robin Oree (@nibORee) September 12, 2016
My favorite time to be on tinder is while I’m pooping it just feels *right*
— Erin (@wrecklesserin) September 5, 2016
Legions of Tindering poopers are out there, shamelessly looking for anything from the next hookup to a possible knight in shining armor while their ass hangs inches above some toilet water. And that’s beautiful.
Oh, and on the occasion that your Tinder date turns out to be a major asswipe once you finally meet up for drinks, no worries. Flush him away just like that nugget of poop you released while first messaging him.
If you already think your dating life is crap, definitely start working on it while on the shitter. But do remember this important rule: Always wash your hands after Tindering and pooping.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.