- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
With online dating, sometimes it’s love at first swipe. But sometimes you really have to work for that other person’s attention and set yourself apart from the rest of the fish in the sea with winking emojis and witty jokes. One dude found the perfect way to woo a lover: an epic battle of clones versus an octopus beast.
OK, let’s back up just a bit. So Imgurian ayeman matched with a woman named Jennifer on Tinder and started off the conversation with a clever opener. Things seemed to be going normally, but then it all went from 0 to 60.
While most people might shut this down at the whole “[tears your head off in sacrificial rage and bathes in your blood],” the grotesquerie was just piquing the lovebirds’ interest. The two of them really committed to fleshing out this scenario.
Unfortunately, it ends there, and we don’t know if the clone man and fire-breathing octopus woman ever met up for an actual date. But this sure is an unforgettable way to flirt.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.