- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
With online dating, sometimes it’s love at first swipe. But sometimes you really have to work for that other person’s attention and set yourself apart from the rest of the fish in the sea with winking emojis and witty jokes. One dude found the perfect way to woo a lover: an epic battle of clones versus an octopus beast.
OK, let’s back up just a bit. So Imgurian ayeman matched with a woman named Jennifer on Tinder and started off the conversation with a clever opener. Things seemed to be going normally, but then it all went from 0 to 60.
While most people might shut this down at the whole “[tears your head off in sacrificial rage and bathes in your blood],” the grotesquerie was just piquing the lovebirds’ interest. The two of them really committed to fleshing out this scenario.
Unfortunately, it ends there, and we don’t know if the clone man and fire-breathing octopus woman ever met up for an actual date. But this sure is an unforgettable way to flirt.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.