- Coca-Cola now exists in ‘Star Wars’ canon 2 Weeks Ago
- How #TCOT gave birth to Trump 2 Weeks Ago
- The ultimate cord-cutting guide for bilingual families Today 5:00 AM
- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
These TikTok memes are an ode to the boys Lizzo loves
‘I like big boys, itty bitty boys.’
The song was released in June 2018 and has since gained 5.4 million views on YouTube. But last week, TikTok users started recreating their own music videos using everything from dogs to Dora the Explorer memes to interpret the lyrics.
“I like big boys, itty bitty boys,” the lyrics go. “Mississippi boys, inner-city boys / I like the pretty boys with the bow tie / Get your nails did, let it blow dry / I like a big beard, I like a clean face/ I don’t discriminate, come and get a taste.”
User @kevboyperry seemed to start the trend with his video on May 23, 2019. The video, which featured pictures of different dogs and a brief appearance of YouTube personality James Charles, gained over 442,600 likes in two weeks, according to Know Your Meme.
Two days later, @TootyMcNooty uploaded an animation to the song that got 915,000 likes.
User @martivir featured his pets, including snakes and lizards.
Another user included Dora the Explorer memes.
User @nickaufmann uploaded a video of him acting out each line of the song.
That video was later featured on Lizzo’s Instagram story, prompting @nickaufmann to make a reaction video.
This isn’t the first time Lizzo’s music has been the focus of TikTok memes. In April 2019, the line “I just took a DNA test / turns out I’m 100 percent that bitch” from Lizzo’s “Truth Hurts” inspired users to swab their mouths and then reveal their own DNA results. Lizzo even participated with her own DNA test on TikTok.
- TikTok users are traveling back to previous decades in this POV meme
- Lil Nas X drops ‘Old Town Road’ on unsuspecting elementary school—and the kids lose it
- How ‘and I oop’ became the perfect reaction meme for shocking developments
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Katie Balevic is an editorial intern at the Daily Dot where she enjoys covering social justice issues and politics. Her previous work has appeared in the Daily Texan, the Victoria Advocate, and the Houston Defender.