- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
We’re done here.
Someone just took the Tide Pod phenomenon to a new level of stupid. Hint: It involves a vape.
Smoking, as you might have heard, is not good for you. Luckily, someone invented vaping so you could at least look like a total idiot while doing it. What you might not of heard is that eating laundry detergent is also bad for you. You probably didn’t hear this because it seems like the kind of thing you shouldn’t have to tell people, and yet Tide teamed up with New England Patriot’s tight end Rob Gronkowski to say exactly that.
What should Tide PODs be used for? DOING LAUNDRY. Nothing else.
— Tide (@tide) January 12, 2018
It seems that some people have, in fact, been eating Tide Pods. It started out as a joke but, in the way of the internet, turned into a challenge.
Давно не было дебильных (а по другому и не скажешь) флэшмобов в интернете! Знакомьтесь, Tide Pod Challenge. Смысл заключается в том, что вы едите капсулу из под средства для стирки и передаете эстафету другому. Вернули мой 2016 год. Что это, маркетинговый ход Tide или естественный отбор? #родинадолжнабытьCulturna #TidePodChallenge #флэшмоб #интернет #челлендж #no @tidepodsaretasty
A post shared by CultUrna (@culturnanews) on
In these people’s defense, the word “challenge” left them with very little choice. They had to eat laundry detergent—or else no one would know how cool, stupid, or desperate for attention they were.
Now a true hero has risen from their ranks. This is a man who realized that if two moronic activities are great, combining them would be the greatest thing of all. So he decided to vape a Tide Pod.
The account is run by a company called Voopootech, which despite having the word “poo” in its name probably makes a fine healthy product that you should definitely put in your body. After all, it most certainly has your best interest at heart.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.