- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
We’re done here.
Someone just took the Tide Pod phenomenon to a new level of stupid. Hint: It involves a vape.
Smoking, as you might have heard, is not good for you. Luckily, someone invented vaping so you could at least look like a total idiot while doing it. What you might not of heard is that eating laundry detergent is also bad for you. You probably didn’t hear this because it seems like the kind of thing you shouldn’t have to tell people, and yet Tide teamed up with New England Patriot’s tight end Rob Gronkowski to say exactly that.
What should Tide PODs be used for? DOING LAUNDRY. Nothing else.
— Tide (@tide) January 12, 2018
It seems that some people have, in fact, been eating Tide Pods. It started out as a joke but, in the way of the internet, turned into a challenge.
Давно не было дебильных (а по другому и не скажешь) флэшмобов в интернете! Знакомьтесь, Tide Pod Challenge. Смысл заключается в том, что вы едите капсулу из под средства для стирки и передаете эстафету другому. Вернули мой 2016 год. Что это, маркетинговый ход Tide или естественный отбор? #родинадолжнабытьCulturna #TidePodChallenge #флэшмоб #интернет #челлендж #no @tidepodsaretasty
A post shared by CultUrna (@culturnanews) on
In these people’s defense, the word “challenge” left them with very little choice. They had to eat laundry detergent—or else no one would know how cool, stupid, or desperate for attention they were.
Now a true hero has risen from their ranks. This is a man who realized that if two moronic activities are great, combining them would be the greatest thing of all. So he decided to vape a Tide Pod.
The account is run by a company called Voopootech, which despite having the word “poo” in its name probably makes a fine healthy product that you should definitely put in your body. After all, it most certainly has your best interest at heart.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.