- Stephen Miller’s fake hair is almost as bad as his policies Sunday 8:00 PM
- California no longer plans to tax your text messages Sunday 6:45 PM
- Insurance company to ‘reevaluate’ relationship with Tucker Carlson after racist comment Sunday 3:59 PM
- Netflix’s instant rewind button is not popular with users Sunday 2:20 PM
- Offset interrupted Cardi B’s set at Rolling Loud Festival, and fans are pissed Sunday 1:18 PM
- ‘Ms. Marvel’ gets a new, award-winning writer in Saladin Ahmed Sunday 11:32 AM
- ‘SNL’ gives us the daddy pageant we’ve been dying for Sunday 10:28 AM
- How pranksters fooled the internet in 2018 Sunday 8:00 AM
- 2018 belonged to trans people Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch local channels on Roku Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch Levante vs. Barcelona online for free Sunday 6:19 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Manchester United online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- The best couch co-op video games for couples Sunday 6:00 AM
- Pete Davidson is OK and at work following alarming Instagram post Saturday 7:26 PM
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker doesn’t know how to use a Venn diagram Saturday 5:38 PM
We’re done here.
Someone just took the Tide Pod phenomenon to a new level of stupid. Hint: It involves a vape.
Smoking, as you might have heard, is not good for you. Luckily, someone invented vaping so you could at least look like a total idiot while doing it. What you might not of heard is that eating laundry detergent is also bad for you. You probably didn’t hear this because it seems like the kind of thing you shouldn’t have to tell people, and yet Tide teamed up with New England Patriot’s tight end Rob Gronkowski to say exactly that.
What should Tide PODs be used for? DOING LAUNDRY. Nothing else.
— Tide (@tide) January 12, 2018
It seems that some people have, in fact, been eating Tide Pods. It started out as a joke but, in the way of the internet, turned into a challenge.
Давно не было дебильных (а по другому и не скажешь) флэшмобов в интернете! Знакомьтесь, Tide Pod Challenge. Смысл заключается в том, что вы едите капсулу из под средства для стирки и передаете эстафету другому. Вернули мой 2016 год. Что это, маркетинговый ход Tide или естественный отбор? #родинадолжнабытьCulturna #TidePodChallenge #флэшмоб #интернет #челлендж #no @tidepodsaretasty
A post shared by CultUrna (@culturnanews) on
In these people’s defense, the word “challenge” left them with very little choice. They had to eat laundry detergent—or else no one would know how cool, stupid, or desperate for attention they were.
Now a true hero has risen from their ranks. This is a man who realized that if two moronic activities are great, combining them would be the greatest thing of all. So he decided to vape a Tide Pod.
The account is run by a company called Voopootech, which despite having the word “poo” in its name probably makes a fine healthy product that you should definitely put in your body. After all, it most certainly has your best interest at heart.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.