- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Today 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Today 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Today 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Today 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Today 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Today 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Today 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Today 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Today 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Today 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Today 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Today 10:34 AM
- Did Martha McSally plan her ‘liberal hack’ viral moment? Today 10:32 AM
- Trump adds Jeffrey Epstein’s old attorney to impeachment team Today 10:03 AM
- YouTube star Cameron Dallas gets scathing reviews for his Broadway debut Today 9:58 AM
Someone just took the Tide Pod phenomenon to a new level of stupid. Hint: It involves a vape.
Smoking, as you might have heard, is not good for you. Luckily, someone invented vaping so you could at least look like a total idiot while doing it. What you might not of heard is that eating laundry detergent is also bad for you. You probably didn’t hear this because it seems like the kind of thing you shouldn’t have to tell people, and yet Tide teamed up with New England Patriot’s tight end Rob Gronkowski to say exactly that.
It seems that some people have, in fact, been eating Tide Pods. It started out as a joke but, in the way of the internet, turned into a challenge.
Давно не было дебильных (а по другому и не скажешь) флэшмобов в интернете! Знакомьтесь, Tide Pod Challenge. Смысл заключается в том, что вы едите капсулу из под средства для стирки и передаете эстафету другому. Вернули мой 2016 год. Что это, маркетинговый ход Tide или естественный отбор? #родинадолжнабытьCulturna #TidePodChallenge #флэшмоб #интернет #челлендж #no @tidepodsaretasty
A post shared by CultUrna (@culturnanews) on
In these people’s defense, the word “challenge” left them with very little choice. They had to eat laundry detergent—or else no one would know how cool, stupid, or desperate for attention they were.
Now a true hero has risen from their ranks. This is a man who realized that if two moronic activities are great, combining them would be the greatest thing of all. So he decided to vape a Tide Pod.
The account is run by a company called Voopootech, which despite having the word “poo” in its name probably makes a fine healthy product that you should definitely put in your body. After all, it most certainly has your best interest at heart.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.