- Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark’ scores with Christmas-themed ‘A Nasty Piece of Work’ Today 6:00 AM
- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
Someone just took the Tide Pod phenomenon to a new level of stupid. Hint: It involves a vape.
Smoking, as you might have heard, is not good for you. Luckily, someone invented vaping so you could at least look like a total idiot while doing it. What you might not of heard is that eating laundry detergent is also bad for you. You probably didn’t hear this because it seems like the kind of thing you shouldn’t have to tell people, and yet Tide teamed up with New England Patriot’s tight end Rob Gronkowski to say exactly that.
It seems that some people have, in fact, been eating Tide Pods. It started out as a joke but, in the way of the internet, turned into a challenge.
Давно не было дебильных (а по другому и не скажешь) флэшмобов в интернете! Знакомьтесь, Tide Pod Challenge. Смысл заключается в том, что вы едите капсулу из под средства для стирки и передаете эстафету другому. Вернули мой 2016 год. Что это, маркетинговый ход Tide или естественный отбор? #родинадолжнабытьCulturna #TidePodChallenge #флэшмоб #интернет #челлендж #no @tidepodsaretasty
A post shared by CultUrna (@culturnanews) on
In these people’s defense, the word “challenge” left them with very little choice. They had to eat laundry detergent—or else no one would know how cool, stupid, or desperate for attention they were.
Now a true hero has risen from their ranks. This is a man who realized that if two moronic activities are great, combining them would be the greatest thing of all. So he decided to vape a Tide Pod.
The account is run by a company called Voopootech, which despite having the word “poo” in its name probably makes a fine healthy product that you should definitely put in your body. After all, it most certainly has your best interest at heart.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.