- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight Wednesday 5:29 PM
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Wednesday 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Wednesday 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Wednesday 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Wednesday 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Wednesday 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Wednesday 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Wednesday 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Wednesday 12:08 PM
Vine remix has teens singing joke lyrics at Fifth Harmony concerts
‘I ain’t get no sleep cause of y’all.’
Earlier this summer, people were remixing Tanisha Thomas’s iconic tirade from Bad Girls Club with some of the summer’s most popular songs. For those unfamiliar with the moment in pop culture history, Thomas stormed through the reality show’s house, clanking metal baking pans together, shouting, “I didn’t get no sleep ’cause of y’all, y’all not gonna get no sleep ’cause of me.”
Thomas’s masterful percussion and lyrics matched perfectly with numerous radio hits; Fifth Harmony’s “Worth It” was one of them.
The Fifth Harmony/Tanisha Vine remix has over 25,000,000 loops, becoming a cornerstone of youth culture online. Teens loved it so much that they’ve even started to sing Tanisha’s lines whenever they hear the song.
And then, this past week, concertgoers at two separate Fifth Harmony performances stood strong with the Vine remix, dutifully adding Thomas’ lines to “Worth It” with Ally, Normani, Dinah, Camila, and Lauren just feet away from them.
The Vine Twitter account even piped up, acknowledging a trend that had jumped from a short little video to real-life phenomenon.
It’s unclear how exactly the music group feels about these sing-alongs at their concerts, but band member Camila has retweeted both videos. So we’re guessing they’re not too annoyed—or at least just playing along.
Screengrab via FifthHarmonyVEVO/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.