- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ 4 Years Ago
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room 4 Years Ago
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Today 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Today 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Today 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Today 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Today 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Today 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Today 2:07 PM
- Teen consumes ungodly amount of meat, becomes meme Today 2:07 PM
- Edward Snowden says 9/11 could have been stopped on Joe Rogan podcast Today 1:44 PM
- TikTok releases safety videos Today 1:30 PM
- Instagram to label fake news as ‘False Information’ Today 1:28 PM
- A handy guide to deciding which VSCO filter your photo needs Today 12:35 PM
- Mom calls out teacher for painting fake bullet wound on her son’s face Today 12:04 PM
Vine remix has teens singing joke lyrics at Fifth Harmony concerts
‘I ain’t get no sleep cause of y’all.’
Earlier this summer, people were remixing Tanisha Thomas’s iconic tirade from Bad Girls Club with some of the summer’s most popular songs. For those unfamiliar with the moment in pop culture history, Thomas stormed through the reality show’s house, clanking metal baking pans together, shouting, “I didn’t get no sleep ’cause of y’all, y’all not gonna get no sleep ’cause of me.”
Thomas’s masterful percussion and lyrics matched perfectly with numerous radio hits; Fifth Harmony’s “Worth It” was one of them.
The Fifth Harmony/Tanisha Vine remix has over 25,000,000 loops, becoming a cornerstone of youth culture online. Teens loved it so much that they’ve even started to sing Tanisha’s lines whenever they hear the song.
And then, this past week, concertgoers at two separate Fifth Harmony performances stood strong with the Vine remix, dutifully adding Thomas’ lines to “Worth It” with Ally, Normani, Dinah, Camila, and Lauren just feet away from them.
The Vine Twitter account even piped up, acknowledging a trend that had jumped from a short little video to real-life phenomenon.
It’s unclear how exactly the music group feels about these sing-alongs at their concerts, but band member Camila has retweeted both videos. So we’re guessing they’re not too annoyed—or at least just playing along.
Screengrab via FifthHarmonyVEVO/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.