- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Vine remix has teens singing joke lyrics at Fifth Harmony concerts
‘I ain’t get no sleep cause of y’all.’
Earlier this summer, people were remixing Tanisha Thomas’s iconic tirade from Bad Girls Club with some of the summer’s most popular songs. For those unfamiliar with the moment in pop culture history, Thomas stormed through the reality show’s house, clanking metal baking pans together, shouting, “I didn’t get no sleep ’cause of y’all, y’all not gonna get no sleep ’cause of me.”
Thomas’s masterful percussion and lyrics matched perfectly with numerous radio hits; Fifth Harmony’s “Worth It” was one of them.
The Fifth Harmony/Tanisha Vine remix has over 25,000,000 loops, becoming a cornerstone of youth culture online. Teens loved it so much that they’ve even started to sing Tanisha’s lines whenever they hear the song.
And then, this past week, concertgoers at two separate Fifth Harmony performances stood strong with the Vine remix, dutifully adding Thomas’ lines to “Worth It” with Ally, Normani, Dinah, Camila, and Lauren just feet away from them.
The Vine Twitter account even piped up, acknowledging a trend that had jumped from a short little video to real-life phenomenon.
It’s unclear how exactly the music group feels about these sing-alongs at their concerts, but band member Camila has retweeted both videos. So we’re guessing they’re not too annoyed—or at least just playing along.
Screengrab via FifthHarmonyVEVO/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.