- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray 4 Years Ago
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
Kid-friendly edit of ‘Straight Outta Compton’ is straight huggin’
‘Love the police.’
As N.W.A. famously rapped, “love the police.” Well, not exactly—but that’s how their lyrics are translated for the Kids Pop! edition of the hip-hop classic Straight Outta Compton, renown for its… adult themes.
In this spoof from SourceFedNERD, the iconic group behind classics such as “I’d Rather Fuck You” and “Fuck Tha Police” are made schoolyard-friendly with the sanitizing Kidz Bop treatment. That series of G-rated covers performed by children—with quite hilarious edits—are notorious on the Internet, which makes this parody even better.
From the opening number—delivered by a “silly mother lover named” Ice Cube—you can probably guess what you’re in for.
As cringeworthy as the news anchor turning the name N.W.A. into a weather joke? You tell us.
Screengrab via SourceFedNERD/YouTube
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.