- Pro-Trump Twitter blasts BuzzFeed report claiming Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress 3 Years Ago
- Mexican airline trolls Americans with DNA tests—and discounts 3 Years Ago
- There are apparently ASMR videos for role-playing with a fictional boyfriend Today 9:08 AM
- Let’s take a look at Captain Pike’s Starfleet service record in ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch Demetrius Andrade vs. Artur Akavov for free Today 7:00 AM
- Ariana Grande’s new single ‘7 Rings’ has Twitter feeling broke Today 6:30 AM
- The end of an era: RIP, Critique My Dick Pic Today 6:30 AM
- Mastodon is crumbling—and many blame its creator Today 6:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ hints at Spock’s new role in the season 2 premiere Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
You don’t know pure joy until you’ve seen this woman unbox a Chewbacca mask
‘Oh, I’m such a happy Chewbacca!’
At one point last year, you couldn’t even go into a grocery store without seeing something with a Star Wars: The Force Awakens label on it, and while the merchandise craze has mostly died down ahead of Rogue One’s release, Star Wars toys are still bringing fans joy.
When Candace Payne made a trip to Kohl’s to return some clothes, she found the holy grail of Star Wars toys, at least for her. She filmed herself in the parking lot as she unboxed the Chewbacca mask that she bought for herself (although she said she’d let her kids play with it).
She can barely contain her giddiness upon seeing that the mask’s mouth moves when hers does—and that it makes Chewbacca’s roar.
“This is worth every penny!” she said.
And it really seems like it is. We kind of want one now.
Update 11:13am CT, May 20: Added name and changed video embed.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.