- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Today 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Today 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Today 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Today 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Today 10:43 AM
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free Today 10:28 AM
- Mother discovers YouTube Kids video that encourages self-harm Today 10:14 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ messed-up map of the U.S. is his first campaign flub Today 10:05 AM
- Woman starts a whites-only yoga club to prove the wrong point about racism Today 10:01 AM
- John Mayer steps in to Photoshop Diplo’s Instagram Today 9:28 AM
- Venmo is flagging payments that mention ‘Persian’ Today 9:17 AM
- YouTube’s Slo Mo Guys inspired a key moment in ‘Solo’ Today 9:14 AM
- Trump unveils ‘workshopped’ nickname for Bernie Sanders Today 8:16 AM
- This Kickstarter needs $4,000 to digitally erase the rat from ‘The Departed’ Today 8:07 AM
- Welcome to Bernie 2020 Twitter, same as Bernie 2016 Twitter Today 7:39 AM
You don’t know pure joy until you’ve seen this woman unbox a Chewbacca mask
‘Oh, I’m such a happy Chewbacca!’
At one point last year, you couldn’t even go into a grocery store without seeing something with a Star Wars: The Force Awakens label on it, and while the merchandise craze has mostly died down ahead of Rogue One’s release, Star Wars toys are still bringing fans joy.
When Candace Payne made a trip to Kohl’s to return some clothes, she found the holy grail of Star Wars toys, at least for her. She filmed herself in the parking lot as she unboxed the Chewbacca mask that she bought for herself (although she said she’d let her kids play with it).
She can barely contain her giddiness upon seeing that the mask’s mouth moves when hers does—and that it makes Chewbacca’s roar.
“This is worth every penny!” she said.
And it really seems like it is. We kind of want one now.
Update 11:13am CT, May 20: Added name and changed video embed.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.