- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Monday 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Monday 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Monday 12:19 PM
Halloween is a time to break out your spookiest, most haunting costume. One guy absolutely nailed not only the outfit but the notification sound for Slack, which is arguably one of the most haunting costumes we’ve seen this year.
1 new message pic.twitter.com/H09WcuYYoJ— Alex Novemberg (@aengelbro) October 31, 2018
A lot of workplaces use the messaging platform Slack. Those of us who are familiar with the platform know the dreaded notification sound all too well. Is it your boss or is it your co-worker complaining about your boss? You never quite know what to expect from a new Slack notification, which is why people are freaking out about how spot on this costume is.
The immediate reaction by most people was that it was *the* most scary costume they’ve ever seen or heard.
One person on Twitter said she was “triggered.”
So spot on and triggering https://t.co/JlhTlTGCCM— michelle lampert (@michellealexis_) October 31, 2018
“This is what nightmares are made of,” wrote another person.
This is what nightmares are made of https://t.co/1X05KamCn3— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) October 31, 2018
Others applauded the costume, saying he “won Halloween.”
The guy who won Halloween 2018. https://t.co/es5O6iHRuH— Bruce Andriatch (@BAndriatch) October 31, 2018
Someone even said she would be stealing the idea for next year.
Unfortunately, this costume will be haunting those of us who use Slack all year, not just today on Halloween.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.