- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
It’s both a funny and pitiful sight.
If you believe your pet has ingested marijuana or marijuana-laced edibles, please contact your vet or the poison control hotline.
Dogs and people have a lot in common. They both crave love and attention. They both enjoy the outdoors just as much as napping. They both eat when they’re hungry. And as is the case with Loki the Siberian husky, their brains promptly turn to mush after chowing on ganja edibles.
In this video uploaded by Tony Costa, you’ll see how Loki handles the trip: with his tongue uncontrollably hanging out the side of his mouth and his eyes in a cross-eyed stupor. Costa’s roommate and Loki’s owner is also onscreen, hugging his fur baby and looking extremely worried.
Before you accuse the guy of being a terrible pet owner, it’s important to note that this was all an unfortunate accident. Costa and his roommate happened to have friends over their place, and one of them had Rice Krispie treats infused with marijuana hidden in his bag. Given Loki’s curious nature, they concluded that the dog must’ve rummaged through the bag and eaten the goods when no one was looking.
The roommates immediately called their veterinarian pals, who told them the only thing to do was to wait it out.
“We kept careful watch on him for the next 20 hours,” Costa wrote in the video’s description, which has garnered over 2 million views since being uploaded. “The next morning he was still high and able to walk, [but] by that evening, he was back to normal [and] running around.”
Dogs—they’re just like us, only funnier.
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.