- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
A robber may have thought he’d found an easy target when he walked into a San Bernardino sex shop with a fake gun. But he hadn’t, not by a longshot: hH fled the scene after the store’s manager and another employee pelted him with sex toys.
Is there surveillance video of this incredible incident? You already know that there is. ABC 7 has obtained it, and they report that it is “CRAZY.”
The station also spoke to the two “feisty” employees of Lotions & Lace, who were exasperated at having to deal with a lame-ass robbery attempt while they were trying to close the store Wednesday night.
“With the gun, he walked in. I just thought he was trying to be funny, to scare us,” said one of the two heroic women, alias “Amy.”
“But then I saw the gun and it was like, really? I don’t have time for this.”
“I think he was a coward,” the other woman said. “Coming in and trying to get over on two females and not realizing that we’re pretty feisty.”
The man didn’t manage to steal anything before he took off.
ABC 7 reports that police don’t recommend confronting armed robbers. They didn’t make this explicit, but I imagine police would also not recommend attempting to rob two women armed with a bevy of sex toys when all you have is a toy gun.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.