- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Today 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Today 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
A robber may have thought he’d found an easy target when he walked into a San Bernardino sex shop with a fake gun. But he hadn’t, not by a longshot: hH fled the scene after the store’s manager and another employee pelted him with sex toys.
Is there surveillance video of this incredible incident? You already know that there is. ABC 7 has obtained it, and they report that it is “CRAZY.”
The station also spoke to the two “feisty” employees of Lotions & Lace, who were exasperated at having to deal with a lame-ass robbery attempt while they were trying to close the store Wednesday night.
“With the gun, he walked in. I just thought he was trying to be funny, to scare us,” said one of the two heroic women, alias “Amy.”
“But then I saw the gun and it was like, really? I don’t have time for this.”
“I think he was a coward,” the other woman said. “Coming in and trying to get over on two females and not realizing that we’re pretty feisty.”
The man didn’t manage to steal anything before he took off.
ABC 7 reports that police don’t recommend confronting armed robbers. They didn’t make this explicit, but I imagine police would also not recommend attempting to rob two women armed with a bevy of sex toys when all you have is a toy gun.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.