- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia 3 Years Ago
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man 3 Years Ago
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
A robber may have thought he’d found an easy target when he walked into a San Bernardino sex shop with a fake gun. But he hadn’t, not by a longshot: hH fled the scene after the store’s manager and another employee pelted him with sex toys.
Is there surveillance video of this incredible incident? You already know that there is. ABC 7 has obtained it, and they report that it is “CRAZY.”
The station also spoke to the two “feisty” employees of Lotions & Lace, who were exasperated at having to deal with a lame-ass robbery attempt while they were trying to close the store Wednesday night.
“With the gun, he walked in. I just thought he was trying to be funny, to scare us,” said one of the two heroic women, alias “Amy.”
“But then I saw the gun and it was like, really? I don’t have time for this.”
“I think he was a coward,” the other woman said. “Coming in and trying to get over on two females and not realizing that we’re pretty feisty.”
The man didn’t manage to steal anything before he took off.
ABC 7 reports that police don’t recommend confronting armed robbers. They didn’t make this explicit, but I imagine police would also not recommend attempting to rob two women armed with a bevy of sex toys when all you have is a toy gun.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.