- Watch Tiffany Pollard sell the sh*t out of Fenty Beauty makeup Monday 8:05 PM
- Speech pathologist sues Texas school district for right to boycott Israel Monday 5:25 PM
- ‘Fresh Prince’ actor sues Fortnite developer for using the Carlton dance Monday 4:40 PM
- 3D-printed head fools Android facial recognition Monday 3:01 PM
- FCC finally releases emails on Ajit Pai’s ‘Harlem Shake’ video Monday 2:33 PM
- Wall Street Journal website hacked with ‘apology’ to PewDiePie Monday 1:26 PM
- YouTube star James Charles feels ‘unsafe’ after home address leaks Monday 12:28 PM
- Jordan Peterson claims he’s building an alternative to Patreon Monday 12:19 PM
- We might finally see a same-sex Barbie set, thanks to this couple’s Instagram post Monday 12:16 PM
- Tumblr’s porn ban is here—and Twitter’s mourning it with memes Monday 11:58 AM
- Facebook blocks article on Yemeni crisis over photo of starving child Monday 11:55 AM
- Netflix reveals all-star voice cast for ‘Dark Crystal’ prequel Monday 11:51 AM
- Netflix warns users to be cautious of new phishing scam Monday 11:04 AM
- 8 last-minute gift ideas that are popular on Amazon Monday 11:00 AM
- PewDiePie takes big lead in subscription race after YouTube deletes spam Monday 10:56 AM
It’s not like there are nipples!
Hey, wanna see a statue of a seagull with boobs? Yes, of course you would. Here you go:
The statue was created by artist Donna Dodson and is currently very publicly displayed in the city of New Bedford, Massachusetts. And it turns out not everyone is happy about it. Local resident Ray Concannon began an online petition calling for its removal.
The statue of “Seagull Cinderella” by Donna Dodson of Boston is ridiculous and makes our city look like a joke. With New Bedford’s rich history, we do not want visitors’ lasting impressions to be [this]. What a waste. It needs to go. Remove it, or replace it with something beautiful.
After being taken to task for hating on boobs, Concannon updated the petition to let people know that he was totally cool with naked art, he just hates people from Boston.
I never said it wasn’t art, but it is bad art. Good art is part of the New Bedford culture. Tacky is part of tacky… and this sculptor is from BOSTON. While some cultures have represented concepts such as fertility through breasts, this piece has no intention or relevance to anything except being “whimsical.”
The exhibit was a surprise even to the city council. It may well not represent the seaport. Good art can include nude art; David and Venus, for example, elevate one’s thoughts to higher things, the human condition.
Whoa pal, you don’t like Boston or whimsy? You must really hate tea parties. He’s right about the David sculpture, though. That thing is tight.
For those of us who were born without a stick up our ass, here are some more of Dodson’s statues of animals with breasts.
If you enjoyed those and would like to check out more of her work, you can do that here. If you hate them and want to sign the petition—you’re too late. It’s now closed after gathering only 396 signatures, well short of its 1000-signature goal.
You can’t beat boobs.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.