- Review: Mortal Kombat 11 is bloody brilliant 3 Years Ago
- Twitch streamer’s mom, roommate get into brawl during live broadcast Thursday 8:41 PM
- Top NFL draft pick Nick Bosa scrubs racist, homophobic social media activity Thursday 8:18 PM
- Jared Kushner’s ‘comprehensive immigration plan’ is just 2 bullet points Thursday 8:16 PM
- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
Hammock that fits underneath your desk will forever change how you nap at work
Great for people who enjoy sleeping next to old gum.
Ah, the hammock. It conjures up images of lazy summer days spent dreaming in the shade, a beer close at hand, your troubles far away.
But soon it could also mean sneaking in a quick nap at work. Aqil Raharjo, a 19-year-old graphic design student, has invented Schnap, a hammock specially designed to fit under a desk or table.
“The idea came up while observing a friend of mine who seemed exhausted and told me that she didn’t sleep for two days,” Raharjo told Tech Insider. “However, the inspiration itself came from a Facebook group that [was created] to share funny pictures of sleeping people in my university.”
Raharjo designed clamps and surface protectors that allow the small hammock to be hooked to under a desk, and the final product will also include extension ropes for longer tables.
These are the branding I’ve made for the entire product. It is neatly crafted, packed, sewn and carved to give a better unboxing experience. As a design student, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends often stay overnight at school to finish the stuffs they’ve been working on, however they couldn’t get to sleep properly because there’s no comfortable medium to sleep on. Instead, they are most likely sleep while sitting, and this is not good for the muscles & their own health. So, I came up with…. Schnap! The brand itself is actually a short madeup word from school-nap. Get it?! It’s a hammock that can easily be installed under your table. 😁 #branding
A photo posted by Aqil Anindhityo Raharjo (@qlrt) on
The entire thing, from the initial idea to the final design and packaging, was completed in just one week, for a project at the Ontario College of Art and Design University in Toronto, Canada.
Sounds like someone deserves a nap.
Photo via Schnap
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.