- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Monday 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Monday 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Monday 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Monday 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Monday 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Monday 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Monday 12:06 PM
Hammock that fits underneath your desk will forever change how you nap at work
Great for people who enjoy sleeping next to old gum.
Ah, the hammock. It conjures up images of lazy summer days spent dreaming in the shade, a beer close at hand, your troubles far away.
But soon it could also mean sneaking in a quick nap at work. Aqil Raharjo, a 19-year-old graphic design student, has invented Schnap, a hammock specially designed to fit under a desk or table.
“The idea came up while observing a friend of mine who seemed exhausted and told me that she didn’t sleep for two days,” Raharjo told Tech Insider. “However, the inspiration itself came from a Facebook group that [was created] to share funny pictures of sleeping people in my university.”
Raharjo designed clamps and surface protectors that allow the small hammock to be hooked to under a desk, and the final product will also include extension ropes for longer tables.
These are the branding I’ve made for the entire product. It is neatly crafted, packed, sewn and carved to give a better unboxing experience. As a design student, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends often stay overnight at school to finish the stuffs they’ve been working on, however they couldn’t get to sleep properly because there’s no comfortable medium to sleep on. Instead, they are most likely sleep while sitting, and this is not good for the muscles & their own health. So, I came up with…. Schnap! The brand itself is actually a short madeup word from school-nap. Get it?! It’s a hammock that can easily be installed under your table. 😁 #branding
A photo posted by Aqil Anindhityo Raharjo (@qlrt) on
The entire thing, from the initial idea to the final design and packaging, was completed in just one week, for a project at the Ontario College of Art and Design University in Toronto, Canada.
Sounds like someone deserves a nap.
Photo via Schnap
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.