- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Ah, the hammock. It conjures up images of lazy summer days spent dreaming in the shade, a beer close at hand, your troubles far away.
But soon it could also mean sneaking in a quick nap at work. Aqil Raharjo, a 19-year-old graphic design student, has invented Schnap, a hammock specially designed to fit under a desk or table.
“The idea came up while observing a friend of mine who seemed exhausted and told me that she didn’t sleep for two days,” Raharjo told Tech Insider. “However, the inspiration itself came from a Facebook group that [was created] to share funny pictures of sleeping people in my university.”
Raharjo designed clamps and surface protectors that allow the small hammock to be hooked to under a desk, and the final product will also include extension ropes for longer tables.
These are the branding I’ve made for the entire product. It is neatly crafted, packed, sewn and carved to give a better unboxing experience. As a design student, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends often stay overnight at school to finish the stuffs they’ve been working on, however they couldn’t get to sleep properly because there’s no comfortable medium to sleep on. Instead, they are most likely sleep while sitting, and this is not good for the muscles & their own health. So, I came up with…. Schnap! The brand itself is actually a short madeup word from school-nap. Get it?! It’s a hammock that can easily be installed under your table. 😁 #branding
A photo posted by Aqil Anindhityo Raharjo (@qlrt) on
The entire thing, from the initial idea to the final design and packaging, was completed in just one week, for a project at the Ontario College of Art and Design University in Toronto, Canada.
Sounds like someone deserves a nap.
Photo via Schnap
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.