- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Ah, the hammock. It conjures up images of lazy summer days spent dreaming in the shade, a beer close at hand, your troubles far away.
But soon it could also mean sneaking in a quick nap at work. Aqil Raharjo, a 19-year-old graphic design student, has invented Schnap, a hammock specially designed to fit under a desk or table.
“The idea came up while observing a friend of mine who seemed exhausted and told me that she didn’t sleep for two days,” Raharjo told Tech Insider. “However, the inspiration itself came from a Facebook group that [was created] to share funny pictures of sleeping people in my university.”
Raharjo designed clamps and surface protectors that allow the small hammock to be hooked to under a desk, and the final product will also include extension ropes for longer tables.
These are the branding I’ve made for the entire product. It is neatly crafted, packed, sewn and carved to give a better unboxing experience. As a design student, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends often stay overnight at school to finish the stuffs they’ve been working on, however they couldn’t get to sleep properly because there’s no comfortable medium to sleep on. Instead, they are most likely sleep while sitting, and this is not good for the muscles & their own health. So, I came up with…. Schnap! The brand itself is actually a short madeup word from school-nap. Get it?! It’s a hammock that can easily be installed under your table. 😁 #branding
A photo posted by Aqil Anindhityo Raharjo (@qlrt) on
The entire thing, from the initial idea to the final design and packaging, was completed in just one week, for a project at the Ontario College of Art and Design University in Toronto, Canada.
Sounds like someone deserves a nap.
Photo via Schnap
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.