- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
Hammock that fits underneath your desk will forever change how you nap at work
Great for people who enjoy sleeping next to old gum.
Ah, the hammock. It conjures up images of lazy summer days spent dreaming in the shade, a beer close at hand, your troubles far away.
But soon it could also mean sneaking in a quick nap at work. Aqil Raharjo, a 19-year-old graphic design student, has invented Schnap, a hammock specially designed to fit under a desk or table.
“The idea came up while observing a friend of mine who seemed exhausted and told me that she didn’t sleep for two days,” Raharjo told Tech Insider. “However, the inspiration itself came from a Facebook group that [was created] to share funny pictures of sleeping people in my university.”
Raharjo designed clamps and surface protectors that allow the small hammock to be hooked to under a desk, and the final product will also include extension ropes for longer tables.
These are the branding I’ve made for the entire product. It is neatly crafted, packed, sewn and carved to give a better unboxing experience. As a design student, I’ve noticed a lot of my friends often stay overnight at school to finish the stuffs they’ve been working on, however they couldn’t get to sleep properly because there’s no comfortable medium to sleep on. Instead, they are most likely sleep while sitting, and this is not good for the muscles & their own health. So, I came up with…. Schnap! The brand itself is actually a short madeup word from school-nap. Get it?! It’s a hammock that can easily be installed under your table. 😁 #branding
A photo posted by Aqil Anindhityo Raharjo (@qlrt) on
The entire thing, from the initial idea to the final design and packaging, was completed in just one week, for a project at the Ontario College of Art and Design University in Toronto, Canada.
Sounds like someone deserves a nap.
Photo via Schnap
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.