- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel 2 Years Ago
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Friday 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Friday 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Friday 1:33 PM
The internet loves this video of the Saudi king’s golden escalator breaking down
We’ve all been there.
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud traveled to Moscow this week, and he came prepared with an entourage of 1,500 people and a private jet. That jet includes an opulent golden escalator, and King Salman was about to make a dramatic entrance on it until the escalator experienced a technical malfunction and stopped working.
In videos of the king landing in Russia, he looks confused for a minute before he starts walking down the steps one by one.
Who among us hasn’t had to walk up or down a broken escalator (although it probably wasn’t a golden escalator, and it was probably in a shopping center)? The internet loved seeing a king forced to deal with this minor inconvenience.
Saudi King’s golden airplane escalator got stuck in Russia. The poor guy had to walk.
— Gissur Simonarson (@GissiSim) October 5, 2017
Saudi King seemingly paralyzed when his plane's escalators stop working. pic.twitter.com/S7A20KKBp1
— Natasha Fatah (@NatashaFatah) October 6, 2017
One person thought it was a great Curb Your Enthusiasm moment.
Saudi king's golden escalator got stuck yesterday. Someone please put the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" music under this. pic.twitter.com/ol2p7HBoij
— Liam Martin (@LiamWBZ) October 5, 2017
Maybe the king should have a slide installed in case the escalator breaks down again. A gold-plated slide, of course.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.