- ‘Huckabee’ is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, lurking on your TV 1 Year Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez parody accounts are all the rage on the right 1 Year Ago
- The new ‘Dune’ movie sounds positively epic Today 6:00 AM
- How does Apple Pay work? Today 5:30 AM
- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
The internet loves this video of the Saudi king’s golden escalator breaking down
We’ve all been there.
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud traveled to Moscow this week, and he came prepared with an entourage of 1,500 people and a private jet. That jet includes an opulent golden escalator, and King Salman was about to make a dramatic entrance on it until the escalator experienced a technical malfunction and stopped working.
In videos of the king landing in Russia, he looks confused for a minute before he starts walking down the steps one by one.
Who among us hasn’t had to walk up or down a broken escalator (although it probably wasn’t a golden escalator, and it was probably in a shopping center)? The internet loved seeing a king forced to deal with this minor inconvenience.
Saudi King’s golden airplane escalator got stuck in Russia. The poor guy had to walk.
— Gissur Simonarson (@GissiSim) October 5, 2017
Saudi King seemingly paralyzed when his plane's escalators stop working. pic.twitter.com/S7A20KKBp1
— Natasha Fatah (@NatashaFatah) October 6, 2017
One person thought it was a great Curb Your Enthusiasm moment.
Saudi king's golden escalator got stuck yesterday. Someone please put the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" music under this. pic.twitter.com/ol2p7HBoij
— Liam Martin (@LiamWBZ) October 5, 2017
Maybe the king should have a slide installed in case the escalator breaks down again. A gold-plated slide, of course.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.