- ‘BoJack Horseman’ hints at a brutal reckoning in its final season 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Slavia Praha in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League Today 1:00 AM
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud traveled to Moscow this week, and he came prepared with an entourage of 1,500 people and a private jet. That jet includes an opulent golden escalator, and King Salman was about to make a dramatic entrance on it until the escalator experienced a technical malfunction and stopped working.
In videos of the king landing in Russia, he looks confused for a minute before he starts walking down the steps one by one.
Who among us hasn’t had to walk up or down a broken escalator (although it probably wasn’t a golden escalator, and it was probably in a shopping center)? The internet loved seeing a king forced to deal with this minor inconvenience.
Saudi King’s golden airplane escalator got stuck in Russia. The poor guy had to walk.— Gissur Simonarson 🇮🇸🏴 (@GissiSim) October 5, 2017
Saudi King seemingly paralyzed when his plane's escalators stop working. pic.twitter.com/S7A20KKBp1— Natasha Fatah (@NatashaFatah) October 6, 2017
One person thought it was a great Curb Your Enthusiasm moment.
Saudi king's golden escalator got stuck yesterday. Someone please put the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" music under this. pic.twitter.com/ol2p7HBoij— Liam Martin (@LiamWBZ) October 5, 2017
Maybe the king should have a slide installed in case the escalator breaks down again. A gold-plated slide, of course.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.