- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
The internet loves this video of the Saudi king’s golden escalator breaking down
We’ve all been there.
Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud traveled to Moscow this week, and he came prepared with an entourage of 1,500 people and a private jet. That jet includes an opulent golden escalator, and King Salman was about to make a dramatic entrance on it until the escalator experienced a technical malfunction and stopped working.
In videos of the king landing in Russia, he looks confused for a minute before he starts walking down the steps one by one.
Who among us hasn’t had to walk up or down a broken escalator (although it probably wasn’t a golden escalator, and it was probably in a shopping center)? The internet loved seeing a king forced to deal with this minor inconvenience.
Saudi King’s golden airplane escalator got stuck in Russia. The poor guy had to walk.
— Gissur Simonarson (@GissiSim) October 5, 2017
Saudi King seemingly paralyzed when his plane's escalators stop working. pic.twitter.com/S7A20KKBp1
— Natasha Fatah (@NatashaFatah) October 6, 2017
One person thought it was a great Curb Your Enthusiasm moment.
Saudi king's golden escalator got stuck yesterday. Someone please put the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" music under this. pic.twitter.com/ol2p7HBoij
— Liam Martin (@LiamWBZ) October 5, 2017
Maybe the king should have a slide installed in case the escalator breaks down again. A gold-plated slide, of course.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.