- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
Hey girl, that wasn’t Ryan Gosling you just hugged
It was just a sexy accountant from Detroit.
Detroit, you’ve just been punked.
Ryan Gosling’s been seen around Detroit while he’s filming How To Catch A Monster, so it’s not too much of a stretch to spot the actor in a local Starbucks or walking around the city with his bodyguard.
However, that hoodied, bespectacled man with scruff who you took a selfie with isn’t Gosling—although he does look a lot like him.
Detroit’s Mojo in the Morning found Doug, a tax accountant who’s often mistaken for Gosling, for one of their street scams. Wearing his normal clothes, Spike wagered that Doug looked “80 percent like Ryan Gosling.” Dressed in Gosling’s classic uniform of sunglasses, a hoodie, and a T-shirt, Doug could pass for Gosling’s doppelgänger.
With a coffee and fake security, assistants, and paparazzi in tow, they set Doug lose on Detroit.
They didn’t mention who Doug was supposed to be, but soon after he stepped outside people begin taking photos from afar and requesting photos with Doug.
The filter was off for many of these people who thought they had just met Gosling.
“I can just stand there and smell him,” one girl said as she posed for her picture while another admitted that Gosling’s sex scenes were the best part of his movies.
Even the Wayne State Police Department couldn’t escape the Gosling charm.
One person questioned what Gosling was doing in a Starbucks, but everyone else Mojo in the Morning filmed fell for it as he posed for more pictures and signed autographs.
“The result?” representatives for the show said on Wednesday. “Lots of screaming girls, autographs, and even the police having to stop traffic.”
Good news, men: With the right outfit, you only need to remotely look like Gosling to make both men and women swoon.
Photo via MojoInTheMorning/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.