- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
Depending on your worldview, you took the death of Fox News founder Roger Ailes one of two ways. To conservatives, he was remembered as a media visionary, someone who took on an entrenched liberal establishment and gave the right the kind of honest programming and unfiltered news they deserved. If you were a liberal, well, it truly put to test the axiom that you can’t slander the dead.
One Breitbart writer, upset with how journalists on the left blasted Ailes for his various transgressions (including being forced out at Fox News for various instances of alleged sexual assault), spoke up in his defense on Twitter.
Liberal journalists get nasty, make jokes after Roger Ailes’ death https://t.co/nJGwBf5QFa— Adam Shaw (@AdamShawNY) May 18, 2017
Expecting writers to be chastening by being included in his article, lots on the left instead jumped at the chance to have their dislike of Ailes entered into the permanent record.
@AdamShawNY hey adam, im a liberal journalist. roger ailes died choking on a diaper. please put me your article— Virgil Texas (@virgiltexas) May 18, 2017
One pointed out that the founder of Breitbart, Andrew Breitbart, loved to blast people after they died.
It continued all dang day.
Statement from Roger Ailes’ wife Elizabeth on his death pic.twitter.com/lQYmI96ROK— leon (@leyawn) May 18, 2017
Knock knock who's there not Roger Ailes because he drowned in an inch-deep puddle of jowl drool hey you're right it's fun to joke about this— BEN SHAPIRO IS 5'2" (@theseantcollins) May 19, 2017
@AdamShawNY Liberal journalist checking in, Roger Ailes died doing what he loved: forcing his bloated, repulsive body on women who were terrified of him— K. Thor Jensen (@kthorjensen) May 19, 2017
@AdamShawNY adam, lib journo here. Roger died from heart failure after trying to steal and masturbate on a mannequin he saw in a Victoria's Secret— BEO Speedwulf (@crulge) May 18, 2017
@AdamShawNY Hi Adam, big journalist guy here. It's actually very sad that Roger Ailes ran over his own dick in a ridiculous parallel parking accident— Stabmaster Arson (@dubsteppenwolf) May 18, 2017
@AdamShawNY In death, Ailes taught us all a valuable lesson: If you use a Shop-Vac on your constipation, make sure you can reach the off switch.— brx0 (@brx0) May 19, 2017
Some even called it a self-own.
@AdamShawNY Adam thank you for showing all the people detailing what a racist sexual abuser Ailes was, good article— Lizard Rumsfeld (@LizardRumsfeld) May 18, 2017
Shaw denied that it was anything of the sort.
Apparently some people said a lot of silly things about an article I tweeted out yesterday, and this marks an EPIC defeat for me. ¯_(ツ)_/¯— Adam Shaw (@AdamShawNY) May 19, 2017
Well it just depends on your own point of view.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]