- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
Depending on your worldview, you took the death of Fox News founder Roger Ailes one of two ways. To conservatives, he was remembered as a media visionary, someone who took on an entrenched liberal establishment and gave the right the kind of honest programming and unfiltered news they deserved. If you were a liberal, well, it truly put to test the axiom that you can’t slander the dead.
One Breitbart writer, upset with how journalists on the left blasted Ailes for his various transgressions (including being forced out at Fox News for various instances of alleged sexual assault), spoke up in his defense on Twitter.
Liberal journalists get nasty, make jokes after Roger Ailes’ death https://t.co/nJGwBf5QFa— Adam Shaw (@AdamShawNY) May 18, 2017
Expecting writers to be chastening by being included in his article, lots on the left instead jumped at the chance to have their dislike of Ailes entered into the permanent record.
@AdamShawNY hey adam, im a liberal journalist. roger ailes died choking on a diaper. please put me your article— Virgil Texas (@virgiltexas) May 18, 2017
One pointed out that the founder of Breitbart, Andrew Breitbart, loved to blast people after they died.
It continued all dang day.
Statement from Roger Ailes’ wife Elizabeth on his death pic.twitter.com/lQYmI96ROK— leon (@leyawn) May 18, 2017
Knock knock who's there not Roger Ailes because he drowned in an inch-deep puddle of jowl drool hey you're right it's fun to joke about this— BEN SHAPIRO IS 5'2" (@theseantcollins) May 19, 2017
@AdamShawNY Liberal journalist checking in, Roger Ailes died doing what he loved: forcing his bloated, repulsive body on women who were terrified of him— K. Thor Jensen (@kthorjensen) May 19, 2017
@AdamShawNY adam, lib journo here. Roger died from heart failure after trying to steal and masturbate on a mannequin he saw in a Victoria's Secret— BEO Speedwulf (@crulge) May 18, 2017
@AdamShawNY Hi Adam, big journalist guy here. It's actually very sad that Roger Ailes ran over his own dick in a ridiculous parallel parking accident— Stabmaster Arson (@dubsteppenwolf) May 18, 2017
@AdamShawNY In death, Ailes taught us all a valuable lesson: If you use a Shop-Vac on your constipation, make sure you can reach the off switch.— brx0 (@brx0) May 19, 2017
Some even called it a self-own.
@AdamShawNY Adam thank you for showing all the people detailing what a racist sexual abuser Ailes was, good article— Lizard Rumsfeld (@LizardRumsfeld) May 18, 2017
Shaw denied that it was anything of the sort.
Apparently some people said a lot of silly things about an article I tweeted out yesterday, and this marks an EPIC defeat for me. ¯_(ツ)_/¯— Adam Shaw (@AdamShawNY) May 19, 2017
Well it just depends on your own point of view.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]