- Trump tells 4 congresswomen of color to go back to the countries they came from Sunday 4:56 PM
- Fans would like to see Andrea Arnold’s cut of ‘Big Little Lies’ Sunday 3:49 PM
- Disney’s new ‘Star Wars’ series had a budget the size of ‘Game of Thrones” final season Sunday 2:54 PM
- Uh-oh, we’re one step closer to having a robot army Sunday 2:20 PM
- Scarlett Johansson says she should be allowed to ‘play any person, or any tree, or any animal’ Sunday 1:06 PM
- Popular YouTube time traveler reveals true identity Sunday 11:46 AM
- Now that Disney is in charge, streaming service FX+ is on its way out Sunday 10:36 AM
- The Dairy Queen employee who made the viral marijuana cake instead of a ‘Moana’ one was fired Sunday 8:39 AM
- The fallacy of Amazon Prime Day: An argument for ignoring it completely Sunday 7:10 AM
- Will Black Cat ever get her own movie? Sunday 7:00 AM
- Why is QAnon so obsessed with taking down cults? Sunday 6:30 AM
- Inside the technology helping ICE deport immigrants Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your Netflix and porn addictions are contributing to global warming Saturday 5:42 PM
- Florida woman charged with a felony after posting video of daughter licking medical supplies Saturday 4:29 PM
- People are laughing at the 12% of men who think they can beat Serena Williams in tennis Saturday 3:02 PM
Fox News, Roger Ailes face a new sexual harassment lawsuit
Fox contributor Julie Roginsky filed the suit against Ailes, Fox News, and the network’s co-president Bill Shine for sexual harassment and retaliation, and the grievances are very similar to Carlson’s. Roginsky claims Ailes made inappropriate comments after she was a guest on The Five and said he would give her a permanent position in exchange for sexual favors. Ailes also allegedly told Roginsky she should have sexual relationships with “older, married, conservative men” for their “loyalty,” further insinuating he sought a sexual relationship with her.
During their last meeting, in April 2015, Ailes allegedly told Roginsky he was acting as the “fully empowered agent of Fox News” and that he could greatly bolster or ruin her career. When she refused his sexual advances, Roginsky claims she faced retaliation from both Ailes and Fox News.
Spokespersons for Fox News were not immediately available for comment. Ailes’ lawyer told the New York Times that suit was “hogwash.”
Fox News’ highest-rated political commentator, Bill O’Reilly, was also recently accused of sexual harassment by multiple women at the network. O’Reilly still asserts the claims—taking place over the course of several years—have no merit and are merely attempts to gain money.
H/T New York Times
Audrey Browning is a content creator and social media manager. In August 2017, she joined Main Street Grub as a community manager.