- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
- Elizabeth Warren calls for sweeping overhaul of U.S. elections Tuesday 11:47 AM
Redditor asks if it’s OK to imagine his girlfriend as a goat during sex
For all its faults, sometimes Reddit is really just the most amusing gathering of unapologetic weirdos on the Internet.
Looking for a thread to twist your mind up today? Try this totally hypothetical AskReddit question about whether it’s immoral to picture your girlfriend as a goat when you have sex with her. When you have anonymity and access to thousands of commenters, is there really any place better to pose an everyday bestiality quandary?
The poster suggests this person would never actually have sex with a goat, and that he is only aroused by the concept of bestiality but not the actual act.
Why a goat? “A horse in my mind is too classy and elegant to see as a sexual creature, whereas a goat is more… slutty. Or baaaaaaad.”
The responses run the gamut from “WTF?” to the very measured and open-minded “Nothing is immoral if it’s only in your mind, man.” A few users have said engaging in the secret goat fantasy could be bad for the OP’s separation of fantasy and reality, leading him to be less loving and intimate with his girlfriend. It’s pretty evenly divided over whether he should tell her or not—some say she might be game to dress up or to bleat during orgasm and that if she truly loves him, she’ll play along with his weird kink.
Reddit loves to expound on the idea of “thought crime,” the concept from Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-four where seditious mental activity—or, in Reddit’s case, sexual deviance or uncontrollable urges—is criminalized like actual illegal business. There’s been much debate on Reddit over persecuting a person’s secret thoughts, often pertaining to the danger of engaging in pedophilia in one’s mind without any intention to actually harm a child.
Whether or not the thought crime defense extends to drawings, though, or Web activity—as in the case of “cannibal cop” Gilberto Valle, facing life in prison for plotting online to kill, cook, and eat women—is debatable.
The consensus: Obviously, whatever you’re fantasizing about can’t be policed, goat man. You’ll be perfectly OK as long as the goat-love stays in your head.
These goat puns, though—these ought to be shared with the world.
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.