- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? 5 Years Ago
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
This clumsy Red Sox fan ruined a game for everyone
Pull yourself together, man.
The Boston Red Sox trounced the Detroit Tigers 20-4 back on Sept. 5, 2013. David Ortiz got his 2,000th career hit that night, to pair with two homers, leading the extensive beatdown. But, you know, Major League Baseball makes everyone play 162 of these regular-season games, so we’ve already forgotten.
Unfortunately, one silver-haired man won’t be afforded the same luxury of fading into history’s footnotes. In this recently made diorama from the game, outfielder Shane Victorino tries to make a play on a foul ball, tumbles into the stands, and is helped by an adoring crowd. But as the guy who GIF’d this moment for Imgur notes, a routine fan scrum for a foul ball goes haywire because of the guy in red and blue:
1. Does not actually provide help getting the player out of the stands
2. Knocks phone out of girls hand
3. Smashed drink into woman face
You’ll want to watch a few times. It’s basically an OK Go video in terms of its cornball proceedings—each event perfectly sequenced.
Correction: This game took place in Sept. 2013.
Photo via Chase Elliott Clark/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.