- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
This clumsy Red Sox fan ruined a game for everyone
Pull yourself together, man.
The Boston Red Sox trounced the Detroit Tigers 20-4 back on Sept. 5, 2013. David Ortiz got his 2,000th career hit that night, to pair with two homers, leading the extensive beatdown. But, you know, Major League Baseball makes everyone play 162 of these regular-season games, so we’ve already forgotten.
Unfortunately, one silver-haired man won’t be afforded the same luxury of fading into history’s footnotes. In this recently made diorama from the game, outfielder Shane Victorino tries to make a play on a foul ball, tumbles into the stands, and is helped by an adoring crowd. But as the guy who GIF’d this moment for Imgur notes, a routine fan scrum for a foul ball goes haywire because of the guy in red and blue:
1. Does not actually provide help getting the player out of the stands
2. Knocks phone out of girls hand
3. Smashed drink into woman face
You’ll want to watch a few times. It’s basically an OK Go video in terms of its cornball proceedings—each event perfectly sequenced.
Correction: This game took place in Sept. 2013.
Photo via Chase Elliott Clark/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.