- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Today 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Today 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Today 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Today 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
The humble possum is sometimes adorable:
And, at other times, terrifying:
Occasionally, adorably terrifying:
This little guy falls into that last category. He has the cutest-wootest nose and widdle whiskers, but when nature calls, you don’t want to be surprised to find him living inside the toilet paper dispenser you’re about to use.
The cleaning staff of Yarra Bend Park in Melbourne, Australia, discovered the rodent when they went to change the toilet paper, and it’s a fair guess that all parties involved were shocked. They contacted a park ranger who removed the furry problem and found him a more suitable home.
“Rangers often see strange things at times” reads the Facebook post from Parks Victoria, “but Cameron at Yarra Bend Park admits he was not expecting this following message from the park’s cleaners! ‘Hi Cameron. There is a possum living inside the paper dispenser of the toilet at the Loop picnic area. Thank you.'”
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.