- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
I thought I knew him.
It’s one of the biggest dangers of online dating: getting catfished.
There’s different degrees of getting romantically duped, everything from the guy lying about being 5’11” while actually being 5’8″ to the extreme cases that MTV‘s reality television show Catfish documents. Dating is like navigating through land mines full of liars.
And there’s no bigger catfisher in this solar system than that shady dude Pluto. While we anticipate finally meeting the celestial body up close thanks to NASA‘s New Horizons mission, let’s recap some of the biggest lies that have already been cleansed with the power of truth along with some of the things we’ve learned from the current space mission.
1) Turns out Pluto’s not even a planet.
Like seriously? Pluto goes on and on how he’s this icy cool, long last planet out farther than even Neptune. Then the truth comes out in 2006 that he’s actually a dwarf planet. Sure, he says it’s not because of his size but because he’s just a part of the Kuiper Belt, but can we ever really be sure?
2) He even fibbed about his diameter.
Sure, he turned out to be bigger IRL, even though it doesn’t change him from dwarf plane status. Fifty miles bigger in diameter isn’t that big of a deal, but what about building trust?
3) What’s up with that heart birthmark?
OK, so he never told us about the huge heart. What exactly is it? Some ode to a past lover? Strange birthmark that luckily looks like something instead of a misshaped blob? We just need Pluto to be straight up honest and stop speaking from his heart or whatever.
4) He even lied about where he actually lives.
The solar system is huge, and I didn’t know I’d be venturing out all the way to the fucking third zone to meet up for our first date. That’s hella far. I was already coming to terms with having to cross the Asteroid Belt to see this guy.
5) So he’s like, not blue?
Every textbook in elementary school told me that Pluto was some blue planet, obviously a different shade from Neptune. But then new pics from NASA show that Pluto is actually some odd peach color. If I was into orange guys, I’d just go with Jupiter (even though I’m not that into gas giants).
6) And he looks different in so many pics.
Sometimes he’ll look like this.
But then all of a sudden he’ll become all serene looking and with all this hair.
So Pluto, what’s the truth?
Photo via NASA/Instagram
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.