- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event 3 Years Ago
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
Self-proclaimed prophetess promises destruction if she loses mayoral race
She wants to fix potholes and bring an amusement park to town.
You know what they say—fifth time’s the charm.
Opal Covey of Toledo, Ohio, is running for mayor. She hopes to fix the city’s potholes, get rid of corruption in city government, and build amusement parks that’ll help spark Toledo’s economy. Oh, and she’s also a self-proclaimed prophetess who has run for mayor four times already. She claims that her votes in previous elections were stolen.
When asked at the end of an interview with NBC 24 if she’d like to add anything else, Covey said that “great destruction will come” and began to speak in tongues. Once she was done with that, she said, “Thank you, Jesus. That was a confirmation, if people don’t give me what I earned in 2013 back, and I’m not on that seat in November, then you’ll see God visit the city in the greatest destruction you’ve ever seen.”
You can also check out her YouTube channel to hear more of her thoughts and lessons about religion.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.