- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Today 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Today 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Today 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Today 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Today 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Today 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Today 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Today 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Today 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Today 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Today 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Today 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Today 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Today 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Today 11:32 AM
Senator turns North Carolina governor into Crying Jordan after NBA pulls All-Star Game
TFW your governor is awful.
The state of North Carolina is none too happy that the NBA decided to pull the 2017 All-Star Game. Citing anti-LGBT legislation, the game has moved from Charlotte to a presumably more inclusive location that has yet to be announced.
An email leaked to the Charlotte Observer shows the ire some North Carolinians are feeling by way of Hornets minority owner Felix Sabates. The correspondence shows Sabates going off in support of HB2, known colloquially as the transgender bathroom law. Regarding trans people having to take a piss, Sabates reportedly had this to say:
this is plain wrong, this could cause irreparable damages to a children’s that don’t understand why they have to see what God did not mean for them to witness, we have some very confused business as well as political humans that frankly have made this a political issue rather then moral issues, SHAME ON THEM.
Not everyone in the Tar Heel State has such discriminatory opinions, however. Meet Sen. Jeff Jackson. He’s had enough of this shit.
As Jackson effectively illustrates via Crying Jordan, it’s not trans people that cost the state of North Carolina the lucrative NBA event, it’s transphobia. Jackson wasn’t done providing brilliant imagery to the American public after that fire tweet roasting Gov. Pat McCrory.
Burn. Here’s hoping the powers that be wise up before another all-star opportunity goes up in flames.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.