- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it 3 Years Ago
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Today 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Today 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Today 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Today 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Today 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Today 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Today 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Today 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Today 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Today 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Today 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch every movie in the MCU before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 8:00 AM
- Review: The apocalypse has never been more aimless than in Days Gone Today 7:00 AM
Senator turns North Carolina governor into Crying Jordan after NBA pulls All-Star Game
TFW your governor is awful.
The state of North Carolina is none too happy that the NBA decided to pull the 2017 All-Star Game. Citing anti-LGBT legislation, the game has moved from Charlotte to a presumably more inclusive location that has yet to be announced.
An email leaked to the Charlotte Observer shows the ire some North Carolinians are feeling by way of Hornets minority owner Felix Sabates. The correspondence shows Sabates going off in support of HB2, known colloquially as the transgender bathroom law. Regarding trans people having to take a piss, Sabates reportedly had this to say:
this is plain wrong, this could cause irreparable damages to a children’s that don’t understand why they have to see what God did not mean for them to witness, we have some very confused business as well as political humans that frankly have made this a political issue rather then moral issues, SHAME ON THEM.
Not everyone in the Tar Heel State has such discriminatory opinions, however. Meet Sen. Jeff Jackson. He’s had enough of this shit.
As Jackson effectively illustrates via Crying Jordan, it’s not trans people that cost the state of North Carolina the lucrative NBA event, it’s transphobia. Jackson wasn’t done providing brilliant imagery to the American public after that fire tweet roasting Gov. Pat McCrory.
Burn. Here’s hoping the powers that be wise up before another all-star opportunity goes up in flames.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.