- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ 6 Years Ago
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal 6 Years Ago
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online 6 Years Ago
- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss Today 7:17 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview Today 7:00 AM
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
YouTube’s favorite grandpa has amazing tips for fleeing a nursing home
“I escaped a German POW camp,” says Mr. Forthright. “You think I can’t give the senior center a slip?”
If you think the Greatest Generation is hopelessly technologically impaired, get to know Mr. Forthright. The stereotype-defying elder is offering up tidbits of advice on his YouTube channel of how-to videos.
Do you want to quit smoking? Maybe get a girlfriend? Or how about winning the lottery? Mr. Forthright knows it all. He has amassed an impressive following—about 5,000 subscribers—on his YouTube channel, which features some not-so-practical advice on just about every life situation.
His latest video, “How to Escape From a Nursing Home,” gives insight into the more creative ways to survive as a geriatric gent on the lam.
Suggestions for escape include throwing soiled adult diapers at the nurses, calling Life Alert, and sneaking out when everyone else in the nursing home is asleep—around 8:00pm.
“I escaped a German POW camp,” he says. “You think I can’t give the senior center a slip?”
Mr. Forthright’s humor is intentionally immature, which is what makes his videos so watchable. He claims to have stopped the Y2K attack, and he lists “naked skydiving” as an interest on his Facebook page. A true Renaissance man, Mr. Forthright has also published several e-books. Our favorites: How to Lose Weight Through Hibernation and How to Get Your Neighbors to Move.
Screenshot via YouTube/Mr. Forthright
Cody Permenter is a social media strategist and content creator. His work has appeared in Thrillist, Digg, and Cheezburger, Inc.