- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
YouTube’s favorite grandpa has amazing tips for fleeing a nursing home
“I escaped a German POW camp,” says Mr. Forthright. “You think I can’t give the senior center a slip?”
If you think the Greatest Generation is hopelessly technologically impaired, get to know Mr. Forthright. The stereotype-defying elder is offering up tidbits of advice on his YouTube channel of how-to videos.
Do you want to quit smoking? Maybe get a girlfriend? Or how about winning the lottery? Mr. Forthright knows it all. He has amassed an impressive following—about 5,000 subscribers—on his YouTube channel, which features some not-so-practical advice on just about every life situation.
His latest video, “How to Escape From a Nursing Home,” gives insight into the more creative ways to survive as a geriatric gent on the lam.
Suggestions for escape include throwing soiled adult diapers at the nurses, calling Life Alert, and sneaking out when everyone else in the nursing home is asleep—around 8:00pm.
“I escaped a German POW camp,” he says. “You think I can’t give the senior center a slip?”
Mr. Forthright’s humor is intentionally immature, which is what makes his videos so watchable. He claims to have stopped the Y2K attack, and he lists “naked skydiving” as an interest on his Facebook page. A true Renaissance man, Mr. Forthright has also published several e-books. Our favorites: How to Lose Weight Through Hibernation and How to Get Your Neighbors to Move.
Screenshot via YouTube/Mr. Forthright
Cody Permenter is a social media strategist and content creator. His work has appeared in Thrillist, Digg, and Cheezburger, Inc.