- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
The Morning GIF: At home with Guillaume Kurkdjian
A silky smooth, complete animation from a 22-year-old Frenchman.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
A complete GIF animation only comes along once in awhile.
These animations not only blur the lines between beginning and end but are so silky smooth and mysterious that you keep watching to see if you missed some sort of clue.
This is the sort of feeling you get when seeing the following animation from 22-year-old Frenchman Guillaume Kurkdjian.
The colorful yet simple GIF features a man on a runaway boat who jumps off onto a ladder connected to a stilted house. Once inside, the man looks briefly outside the window, then disappears.
“Why is this guy here on his little boat? Maybe running from a huge monster or just really hurried to meet his girlfriend. I think the simplest GIFs are the best,” Kurkdjian told the Daily Dot. “I love to see little houses, cabins lost in the nature and imagine stories with them, I like means of transport in general and lovely characters. My inspiration also comes from all the colorful isometric creations and animations I found on tumblr, behance or vimeo.”
Since joining Tumblr in February, Kurkdjian has posted only 16 animations on his Tumblr Bisous Les Copains (which, according to Google Translate, means “kissed buddies”). About half of his animations have been featured on Tumblr’s GIF tag.
Images by Guillaume Kurkdjian
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.