- How ‘Stranger Things’ is inspiring new waves of Dungeons and Dragons fans 3 Years Ago
- Why you should be watching ‘Red vs Blue’ on Netflix 3 Years Ago
- How to live stream Sergey Kovalev vs. Anthony Yarde Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
You’d think that Michaels, the hot retailer for scrapbooking moms and 5th-graders in need of poster board and paints, would be the most G-rated, vanilla place around. But it turns out that someone at the company might be down to get tied up with yarn by “daddy.”
Tumblr user merbearedie spotted a sign that looked a bit out of place in the store. Instead of gracing the aisles of Michaels, it should probably have been in someone’s BDSM chamber. Or perhaps the craft store figured that submissive bottoms might want some decor for their room.
The picture has racked up tons of notes and was largely an inside joke for Tumblr. But more recently, the sign was brought to the attention of the Michaels higher-ups.
Author Catherynne Valente also noticed the sexually-tinged sign and tweeted out a picture.
Valente didn’t @ the crafts store, but they did catch wind of it. And, unfortunately, it looks like they pulled it from their shelves. Now where will daddy-lovers get their interior design pizzazz?
This all went down in April, but with Tumblr realizing that the sign was no more, the original post has been making the rounds once again. User ahsadler wrote: “i can’t believe we kinkshamed michaels into a product recall.”
Daddy won’t be too happy about this.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.