- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Such a pity.
You’d think that Michaels, the hot retailer for scrapbooking moms and 5th-graders in need of poster board and paints, would be the most G-rated, vanilla place around. But it turns out that someone at the company might be down to get tied up with yarn by “daddy.”
Tumblr user merbearedie spotted a sign that looked a bit out of place in the store. Instead of gracing the aisles of Michaels, it should probably have been in someone’s BDSM chamber. Or perhaps the craft store figured that submissive bottoms might want some decor for their room.
The picture has racked up tons of notes and was largely an inside joke for Tumblr. But more recently, the sign was brought to the attention of the Michaels higher-ups.
Author Catherynne Valente also noticed the sexually-tinged sign and tweeted out a picture.
Valente didn’t @ the crafts store, but they did catch wind of it. And, unfortunately, it looks like they pulled it from their shelves. Now where will daddy-lovers get their interior design pizzazz?
This all went down in April, but with Tumblr realizing that the sign was no more, the original post has been making the rounds once again. User ahsadler wrote: “i can’t believe we kinkshamed michaels into a product recall.”
Daddy won’t be too happy about this.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.