- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Today 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash Today 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Today 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Today 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Today 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Today 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Today 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Today 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Today 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Today 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Today 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Today 10:48 AM
- Ajit Pai is refusing to testify about cell phone tracking data Today 10:18 AM
- Murder is back on the menu with Netflix’s Ted Bundy documentary Today 9:53 AM
- Twitch star Alinity Divine accidentally displays d*ck pic on her stream Today 9:18 AM
Such a pity.
You’d think that Michaels, the hot retailer for scrapbooking moms and 5th-graders in need of poster board and paints, would be the most G-rated, vanilla place around. But it turns out that someone at the company might be down to get tied up with yarn by “daddy.”
Tumblr user merbearedie spotted a sign that looked a bit out of place in the store. Instead of gracing the aisles of Michaels, it should probably have been in someone’s BDSM chamber. Or perhaps the craft store figured that submissive bottoms might want some decor for their room.
The picture has racked up tons of notes and was largely an inside joke for Tumblr. But more recently, the sign was brought to the attention of the Michaels higher-ups.
Author Catherynne Valente also noticed the sexually-tinged sign and tweeted out a picture.
Valente didn’t @ the crafts store, but they did catch wind of it. And, unfortunately, it looks like they pulled it from their shelves. Now where will daddy-lovers get their interior design pizzazz?
This all went down in April, but with Tumblr realizing that the sign was no more, the original post has been making the rounds once again. User ahsadler wrote: “i can’t believe we kinkshamed michaels into a product recall.”
Daddy won’t be too happy about this.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.