- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish 3 Years Ago
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ 3 Years Ago
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Terminator 2’s John Connor will return for ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Today 6:41 AM
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now? Today 6:00 AM
- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
Massive love for the sesh. Massive.
As kids, we all dreamt of finding messages in bottles, which would undoubtedly call us to Stevenson-esque adventures that involved stowing away on pirate ships. This week, one kid had that dream come true. Well, sort of. If you replace the plot of Treasure Island with “two massive cokeheads named Dan.”
Robbie Chappell, 13, found a note stowed in a Heineken bottle during a walk on Hayling Island, Hampshire, England, the Independent reports. And it was certainly a tale of adventure, but not the kind he was hoping for.
Here’s the text of the note, dated Oct. 1 and found Oct. 2. It is, perhaps, the epitome of 2016 Britain. Apparently, a couple of blokes named Dan was out their nuts on cocaine, innit m8? Cheeky.
“Dan and Dan was here 1/10/16 12.19pm. Out our nuts on cocaine! Massive love for the sesh! Lots of love sesh gremlins aka Hud & Suv.”
A video taken by Robbie’s dad shows the teen excitedly breaking the bottle, and carefully unfolding the wet note to discover it was… not a treasure map. Not unless Dan and Dan left their stash somewhere nearby.
Although it was a disappointment, at least Robbie and his dad got a laugh out of it.
“Robbie’s a pretty streetwise kid so he knew what it was about. We were just laughing at how ridiculous it was,” his dad told The Sun.
Soz, boys. I know you were hoping for something more. Massive love for the sesh, though. Massive.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.