- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
As kids, we all dreamt of finding messages in bottles, which would undoubtedly call us to Stevenson-esque adventures that involved stowing away on pirate ships. This week, one kid had that dream come true. Well, sort of. If you replace the plot of Treasure Island with “two massive cokeheads named Dan.”
Robbie Chappell, 13, found a note stowed in a Heineken bottle during a walk on Hayling Island, Hampshire, England, the Independent reports. And it was certainly a tale of adventure, but not the kind he was hoping for.
Here’s the text of the note, dated Oct. 1 and found Oct. 2. It is, perhaps, the epitome of 2016 Britain. Apparently, a couple of blokes named Dan was out their nuts on cocaine, innit m8? Cheeky.
“Dan and Dan was here 1/10/16 12.19pm. Out our nuts on cocaine! Massive love for the sesh! Lots of love sesh gremlins aka Hud & Suv.”
A video taken by Robbie’s dad shows the teen excitedly breaking the bottle, and carefully unfolding the wet note to discover it was… not a treasure map. Not unless Dan and Dan left their stash somewhere nearby.
Although it was a disappointment, at least Robbie and his dad got a laugh out of it.
“Robbie’s a pretty streetwise kid so he knew what it was about. We were just laughing at how ridiculous it was,” his dad told The Sun.
Soz, boys. I know you were hoping for something more. Massive love for the sesh, though. Massive.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.