- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace 6 Years Ago
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Club América vs. Tigres UANL in the Leagues Cup semis Today 8:17 AM
- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero Today 7:53 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview Today 7:45 AM
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
Canadian Auto Trader lists a Martian spaceship for $9M
My grandfather always said that you should never buy a Martian spaceship for more than $10 million, so here’s your chance.
My grandfather always said that you should never buy a Martian spaceship for more than $10 million, so here’s your chance to get in on a hot deal: an Acura MDX Martian Peewee IV Mini Saucer that’s listed on Canadian Auto Trader for a cool $9.32 million.
Yes, for just a little more than $9 million, you can get your human hands on a “classic Martian Peewee spacecraft,” one that’s low on light-years and comes decked out with interstellar navigation, retractable feet, crop-circle crafter, gravity correction, and fully functioning waste portal. The anonymous individual selling it—perhaps an alien—says that it’s white with an automatic transmission and that it comes complete with 8.32 kilometers on its intergalactic odometer.
“Compact shape and working cloaking device keep you undetected while making crop circles and are perfect for discreetly observing lifeforms in neighboring solar systems,” the page’s description reads. “Don’t miss the opportunity to own a classic piece of Martian engineering.”
Beautiful, ain’t it? Did we mention that it comes with Xenon headlights?
We’ve reached out to the seller to check on the legitimacy of this offer, but considering we spotted it April 1, here’s thinking “not very.” Acura, for what it’s worth, was not aware that it was invested in the craft of spacecraft crafting, but who knows: There’s a rogue designer in every factory.
For what it’s worth, the closest Acura dealership to Roswell, New Mexico, is three hours and four minutes.
Start the bidding now. This here’s a steal of a deal, folks.
Photo via Auto Trader
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.