- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy 6 Years Ago
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Today 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Today 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Today 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Today 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Today 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Today 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Today 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America (updated) Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
Little girl crawls into claw machine to become hero of the arcade
Visitors to this arcade got a very special treat from one enterprising kid.
We don’t often fall in love at first sight, but that’s because we don’t often meet true trailblazers in our travels.
You know, the kind of hero who sees your average arcade toy box and thinks: TOYS FOR ALL!
But that’s just what this enterprising kid from Fort Lauderdale did yesterday, when she finagled her way inside a claw machine and started handing out free toys to onlookers.
“I took this photo myself when I saw it happening today,” wrote Imgur user Palmbchgirl, who uploaded the photo to the site. “I couldn’t believe it!!”
Reddit quickly caught wind of the stunt. Although many redditors were quick to criticize the litle girl’s parents for enabling a budding kleptomaniac in action, most of the crowd hailed her as a modern-day Robin Hood. After all, arcade games like the claw machine are notoriously hard to defeat, and some are even rigged against the users.
Still, it’s probably not a good idea to let your child loose in a closed box that contains moving pieces of machinery. With all those toys, they could easily get lost, as one toddler did just last week. And as redditor smashbutt noted:
I could easily win that little girl. She is the high compared to the other toys and her head fits the claw perfectly. You think the engineers of this game would make it harder.
Yikes. Looks like the Claw has chosen who will go and who will stay. And while you should probably leave the claw machine, little girl, you can stay in all our hearts as our favorite pint-sized hero of the people.
Photo via Imgur
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.