- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
I’ll take ‘Simmer Down’ for $200.
Watching Jeopardy! is a favorite pastime for many, an easy way to wind down after dinner with trivia and good-natured competition. But the current reigning champion has been totally extra during his multi-game streak.
Meet Buzzy Cohen, with his thick-rimmed glasses and well-tailored suit—a recording industry executive from Los Angeles. Thursday night, he’ll be heading into his ninth game, with an eight-day winnings of $147,803. According to Uproxx, the last couple of matches Cohen has racked up double the dollar amount his competitors have.
And that domination has allowed him to be a little bit of a jerk. During one round of Final Jeopardy, where he knew that he already had the game in the bag, Cohen waged $0 and answered “What is see you tomorrow Alex Trebek?!” with a sleazy smile on his face. He was up to the same antics again at a following match, writing, “Who is you aren’t rid of me yet Trebek?”
In an interview with the Wrap, Cohen says he’s just having some fun, since it’s a game show. We get it, you’re trying to be funny or whatever, but this behavior flirts with bad sportsmanship.
Understandably, Cohen has caught the eye and ire of the Internet. Many are annoyed with him, while others have taken the glorious route of roasting him.
Is the jeopardy teachers tourney seriously this easy? At least I don’t have to see that cocky hipster doofus Buzzy again
— Tweeter (@p_dog66) May 2, 2016
Meanwhile, others have gotten a case of the thirst for Mr. Cohen.
I watched today’s Jeopardy. Mad bc it was with teachers and not that hot ass Buzzy guy with the glasses
— Angelina (@angelamcastelli) May 4, 2016
Cohen might have the haters beat with all the money he’s won, but we’re still hoping someone takes him out soon. We’re rooting for you Riley and Dan (who for the record, is most definitely hotter).
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.