- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation 6 Years Ago
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Today 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Today 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ Today 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Today 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Today 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Today 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Today 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Today 8:00 AM
- The 5 best free torrent clients you can download in 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Jets in NFL preseason action Today 7:49 AM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. 49ers in NFL preseason action Today 7:36 AM
- How to live stream Bellator 225: Mitrione vs. Kharitonov Today 7:30 AM
- Alice Wetterlund draws insight from the last decade in ‘My Mama Is a Human and So Am I’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream the Cowboys vs. Texans NFL preseason showdown Today 7:00 AM
4chan’s /b/ crowns a new king: Jaden Smith
The 4chan forum home to the Internet’s most deplorable content is obsessed with Will Smith’s weird-tweeting son.
Actor and armchair philosopher Jaden Smith became /b/’s latest obsession when the community caught on to the 15-year-old’s inscrutable, existential Twitter feed:
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren’t Real
— Jaden Smith (@officialjaden) May 2, 2013
Jaden’s weird tweets are pretty well known. They’ve been the subjects of BuzzFeed and Grantland posts—the former calling him confused; the latter arguing that Smith is just an average teenager who happens to have a Twitter audience of more than 4 million. Maybe, like Jaden says, he’s on a totally different intellectual level than us mortals.
While /b/ was late to weigh in, it’s made up for lost time with the following illustrations.
Since the imageboard was founded more than a decade ago, members of the site have deified people like Australian body builder Aziz “Zyzz” Shavershian, Catherine “boxxy” Wayne, 4chan founder Christopher “moot” Poole, and, most interestingly, pop star Taylor Swift.
The obsession with Swift began in October 2012 when /b/ tried to have Boston’s Horace Mann School for the Deaf win a content to have her perform at its school. Thanks to some /b/ tomfoolery, the school ended up winning the contest but was disqualified for vote rigging. In order to avoid a public relations nightmare, Swift donated $50,000 to the school. Following this prank, /b/ has tried to get a creepy guy named Charles to sniff her hair and has concocted a convincing conspiracy theory claiming Swift is actually a 4chan user.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.