- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
How to give your opossum a pedicure and other vital information
“If you find your opossum gets restless, give it a grape.”
It can sometimes be easy to get lost on YouTube. One can just keep clicking on related videos and end up in all sorts of places. Sometimes, during this magical Internet journey, gold can be discovered. And just occasionally, educational videos involving opossums are found.
One online pioneer, Georgette, has spent several years uploading helpful tutorials onto YouTube accompanied by one of her many pet opossums. How she ended up with the creatures, however, is unclear.
Highlights of her channel include “Proper Opossum Pedicure,” which has the delightful line, “If you find your opossum gets restless, give it a grape.”
Georgette also shows off opossum CPR, which is just a touch too creepy.
Proper bathing and grooming of your opossum is also important for the vlogger, who instructs how to achieve salon-like results for your pet while at home. Apparently it is difficult for Georgette to get to the salon as her car is “filled with a passel of nursing possums.”
One of the key things stressed throughout her videos is that opossums shouldn’t be owned, and belong in the wild, or in the hands of responsible owners. Just like Georgette.
Photo via Brent. M/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Ned Donovan is a politics and entertainment journalist who's done stints with GQ, Wired, and the Daily Mail. His bylines have also appeared in the Week, the Telegraph, BuzzFeed, History Today, and elsewhere.