- Reddit Relationships: Man laughs at girlfriend for using Microsoft PowerPoint during sex Thursday 8:59 PM
- The 15 Brad Pitt movies you need to see now, ranked Thursday 8:26 PM
- Facebook could face legal action over the Area 51 event Thursday 6:50 PM
- How to stream Texans vs. Chargers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 6:40 PM
- Tekashi 69 alleges Cardi B was a Bloods gang member Thursday 5:55 PM
- Right-wing sites falsely claimed group of Somalis attacked man in viral video Thursday 5:00 PM
- Big creators risk losing checkmarks amid YouTube verification purge Thursday 4:56 PM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Lions in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:52 PM
- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:10 PM
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action Thursday 4:03 PM
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Thursday 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Thursday 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Thursday 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Thursday 12:55 PM
Oh, what a world we live in. Hoverboards are still popular, and people are trying to customize them. Sometimes the results are actually kind of cool, like with this real life Aladdin riding a faux magic carpet through the streets of Tel Aviv. But most of the time, these glorified spontaneous-combustion devices turn into something even worse when meddled with by riders.
Enter the “hoverboard with beach chair attachment,” perhaps the stepson to the motorized ice chest. It’s… well… um… just watch this GIF of someone cruising around a parking lot on it:
Cheap-ass DIY’ers are undoubtedly rejoicing at what looks like the most frugal modification ever. You could not find a more flimsy chair to basically strap to a yardstick. The hoverboards themselves could explode at any minute.
This is the epitome of #YOLO and may very well be the start of a hoverboard mod revolution. Simply attach anything you can find that’s $10 or less at a drug store to a ruler, duct tape that shit to some sweet hoverboards, and bam: You’re now the realest.
Until you get that DUI.
A former Weekend Editor at the Daily Dot, April Siese's reporting covers everything from technology and politics to web culture and humor. Her work has been published by Bustle, Uproxx, Death and Taxes, Rolling Stone, the Daily Beast, Thrillist, Atlas Obscura, and others. Siese joined Quartz in December 2016.