- Which direwolves are left in ‘Game of Thrones’? 4 Years Ago
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere brings no spoilers, but plenty of emotion 4 Years Ago
- Kamala Harris calls on House to begin impeachment proceeding against Trump 4 Years Ago
- Twitch kills ‘Joy of Sex’ category—and gamers are furious Today 8:19 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts and gadgets for high-tech moms Today 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Music Teacher’ is another lifeless melodrama about an emotionally illiterate man Today 6:45 AM
- 3 things we saw at the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ premiere Today 6:30 AM
- How to use Google Home Hub as a digital photo frame Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Netflix on Apple devices without AirPlay support Today 5:00 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
Quick-thinking bro saves his friend’s drink before he gets tackled
As the caption says, ‘A bro does what a bro does.’
You have to have priorities in life.
One man was recently faced with a choice: alert his friend that he’s about to be tackled hard to the ground, or save his friend’s drink from being destroyed in the process.
The man chooses to save the drink, and in doing so, he becomes the hero of bros everywhere. Take a look at his handiwork.
This is just a beautiful save by the drink catcher, to say nothing of the perfect tackle and the nearly perfect reaction from the dude who unknowingly went horizontal.
It’s unclear what the woman at the beginning of the clip is trying to accomplish. Perhaps she’s trying to create a diversion. Luckily, the hero of the clip isn’t distracted. He takes that drink out of his buddy’s hand like he’s saving a baby from falling into a fire.
It’s inspiring. It’s also very likely that the hero bro was in on the plan for the tackling bro to take down the oblivious bro. Notice that hero bro looks to his left—perhaps receiving a signal?—and appears to step back for a second in order to set up the prank (and establish himself as a hero).
But as all football coaches (and Ron Burgundy) say, “You’ve got to keep your head on a swivel.” Even if you’re just bro-ing out on vacation—actually, especially if you’re just bro-ing out on vacation.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.