- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok 4 Years Ago
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting 4 Years Ago
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Today 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Today 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Today 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Today 12:14 PM
- Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ Today 11:44 AM
- Graphic video shows father beating young daughter for being sexually active Today 11:40 AM
- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
Quick-thinking bro saves his friend’s drink before he gets tackled
As the caption says, ‘A bro does what a bro does.’
You have to have priorities in life.
One man was recently faced with a choice: alert his friend that he’s about to be tackled hard to the ground, or save his friend’s drink from being destroyed in the process.
The man chooses to save the drink, and in doing so, he becomes the hero of bros everywhere. Take a look at his handiwork.
This is just a beautiful save by the drink catcher, to say nothing of the perfect tackle and the nearly perfect reaction from the dude who unknowingly went horizontal.
It’s unclear what the woman at the beginning of the clip is trying to accomplish. Perhaps she’s trying to create a diversion. Luckily, the hero of the clip isn’t distracted. He takes that drink out of his buddy’s hand like he’s saving a baby from falling into a fire.
It’s inspiring. It’s also very likely that the hero bro was in on the plan for the tackling bro to take down the oblivious bro. Notice that hero bro looks to his left—perhaps receiving a signal?—and appears to step back for a second in order to set up the prank (and establish himself as a hero).
But as all football coaches (and Ron Burgundy) say, “You’ve got to keep your head on a swivel.” Even if you’re just bro-ing out on vacation—actually, especially if you’re just bro-ing out on vacation.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.