- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
- Tristan Thompson disables Instagram comments after reports he cheated on Khloe Kardashian Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Introducing ‘boner culture,’ this Gamergate blogger’s latest cause Wednesday 11:16 AM
- HBO debuts trailer for controversial Michael Jackson doc ‘Leaving Neverland’ Wednesday 10:46 AM
- Christian woman refuses to do taxes for lesbian married couple Wednesday 10:43 AM
- Political campaigns will be snooping on your phones in 2020 Wednesday 10:43 AM
Republicans used this meme to burn the DNC—there’s just one small problem
This is not fine.
There’s nothing like a good meme to show the kids you’re hip as you roast your nemesis. Seems like that’s what the GOP was trying to do when they tweeted out this well-loved meme during the opening night of the DNC.
Very good. Very funny. There’s just… one small problem. First off, doesn’t this meme depict what’s going on with the Republicans? Hi, an orange hemorrhoid made of Cheetos dust and silly putty is destroying your party.
Anyway, here’s the original comic:
And the artist behind this meme? That would be KC Green. And he’s not with Republicans on this one.
In case you need us to illustrate the point, here:
Also, lest you think Green’s opinion doesn’t matter:
Still not getting it?
so, thus, in conclusion, the gop account can eat me.
— kc gr??n (@kcgreenn) July 26, 2016
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.