- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
- Why this wild Trump resignation conspiracy theory really makes a lot of sense Monday 12:14 PM
Republicans used this meme to burn the DNC—there’s just one small problem
This is not fine.
There’s nothing like a good meme to show the kids you’re hip as you roast your nemesis. Seems like that’s what the GOP was trying to do when they tweeted out this well-loved meme during the opening night of the DNC.
Very good. Very funny. There’s just… one small problem. First off, doesn’t this meme depict what’s going on with the Republicans? Hi, an orange hemorrhoid made of Cheetos dust and silly putty is destroying your party.
Anyway, here’s the original comic:
And the artist behind this meme? That would be KC Green. And he’s not with Republicans on this one.
In case you need us to illustrate the point, here:
Also, lest you think Green’s opinion doesn’t matter:
Still not getting it?
so, thus, in conclusion, the gop account can eat me.
— kc gr??n (@kcgreenn) July 26, 2016
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.