- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
Republicans used this meme to burn the DNC—there’s just one small problem
This is not fine.
There’s nothing like a good meme to show the kids you’re hip as you roast your nemesis. Seems like that’s what the GOP was trying to do when they tweeted out this well-loved meme during the opening night of the DNC.
Very good. Very funny. There’s just… one small problem. First off, doesn’t this meme depict what’s going on with the Republicans? Hi, an orange hemorrhoid made of Cheetos dust and silly putty is destroying your party.
Anyway, here’s the original comic:
And the artist behind this meme? That would be KC Green. And he’s not with Republicans on this one.
In case you need us to illustrate the point, here:
Also, lest you think Green’s opinion doesn’t matter:
Still not getting it?
so, thus, in conclusion, the gop account can eat me.
— kc gr??n (@kcgreenn) July 26, 2016
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.