- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Please donate to this GoFundMe to get Kanye West out of debt
He needs that money more than you do.
I write this to you my brothers while still 53 million dollars in personal debt… Please pray we overcome… This is my true heart…
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 14, 2016
While it’s unknown if the rapper is actually 53 million dollars in debt, some fans have taken matters into their own hands to help Kanye in his time of need. Created by Jeremy Piatt, a GoFundMe page titled “Get Kanye Out Of Debt” has earned $1,505 as of this moment.
“Kanye West, prolific entertainer/fashion icon/celebrity/member of the Kardashian family needs our help,” Piatt wrote. “Recently, Kanye let us in on his personal struggle. He is 53 million dollars in debt and it doesn’t look like he’s going to get Mark Zuckerberg’s help that he desperately needs. We must open our hearts and wallets for Kanye today. Sure he is personally rich and can buy furs and houses for his family, but without our help, the true genius of Kanye West can’t be realized.”
Although nearly 200 people have donated, many oppose the crowdfunding, as evident in the page’s comments section. Here are a few choice gems:
- “This might, literally, be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Congratulations. You’re what’s wrong with the world.”
- “I would rather give money to the westboro baptist church than this dick.”
- “I’m sure if he sold his collection of chinchilla jumpsuits, polar bear thongs, and german shepherd anal beads he would be out of debt.”
- “I donate negative 54 million dollars. Maybe his clothing line should not have looked like the bums in Compton designed them. Wtf?? How about we raise money to feed starving children here in America?? Hmmm.. What a thought.”
- “I will leave you zero dollars. You are the biggest jerkoff in the world and married to that disgusting pig. I’ll be willing to help you raise money if you’re willing to fight me for a charity event. 50% goes to a charity such as St. Jude’s, Make A Wish or Wounded Warrior and the other 50% goes to your stupid cause. I don’t want a dollar…only the satisfaction of punching you in the face. Let’s see what kind of man you really are.”
A lot of people, however, would be inclined to fund Kanye’s departure from the country. So, you know, there’s that. But if you do want to donate, just check out the page (looking at you, Zuckerberg).
Photo via GoFundMe
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.