- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Tuesday 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Tuesday 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Tuesday 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Tuesday 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Tuesday 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Tuesday 1:12 PM
Please donate to this GoFundMe to get Kanye West out of debt
He needs that money more than you do.
I write this to you my brothers while still 53 million dollars in personal debt… Please pray we overcome… This is my true heart…
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 14, 2016
While it’s unknown if the rapper is actually 53 million dollars in debt, some fans have taken matters into their own hands to help Kanye in his time of need. Created by Jeremy Piatt, a GoFundMe page titled “Get Kanye Out Of Debt” has earned $1,505 as of this moment.
“Kanye West, prolific entertainer/fashion icon/celebrity/member of the Kardashian family needs our help,” Piatt wrote. “Recently, Kanye let us in on his personal struggle. He is 53 million dollars in debt and it doesn’t look like he’s going to get Mark Zuckerberg’s help that he desperately needs. We must open our hearts and wallets for Kanye today. Sure he is personally rich and can buy furs and houses for his family, but without our help, the true genius of Kanye West can’t be realized.”
Although nearly 200 people have donated, many oppose the crowdfunding, as evident in the page’s comments section. Here are a few choice gems:
- “This might, literally, be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Congratulations. You’re what’s wrong with the world.”
- “I would rather give money to the westboro baptist church than this dick.”
- “I’m sure if he sold his collection of chinchilla jumpsuits, polar bear thongs, and german shepherd anal beads he would be out of debt.”
- “I donate negative 54 million dollars. Maybe his clothing line should not have looked like the bums in Compton designed them. Wtf?? How about we raise money to feed starving children here in America?? Hmmm.. What a thought.”
- “I will leave you zero dollars. You are the biggest jerkoff in the world and married to that disgusting pig. I’ll be willing to help you raise money if you’re willing to fight me for a charity event. 50% goes to a charity such as St. Jude’s, Make A Wish or Wounded Warrior and the other 50% goes to your stupid cause. I don’t want a dollar…only the satisfaction of punching you in the face. Let’s see what kind of man you really are.”
A lot of people, however, would be inclined to fund Kanye’s departure from the country. So, you know, there’s that. But if you do want to donate, just check out the page (looking at you, Zuckerberg).
Photo via GoFundMe
Elijah Watson is an internet culture and entertainment reporter. His work has been published by the Daily Beast, Vice, Complex, Bustle, Uproxx, and Okayplayer.