- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever 4 Years Ago
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
Grown man enters giant water balloon and pops it in slow motion
Nothing unusual about this water balloon. Nope.
Here’s another video to add to the “Why would you even do that?” files: An adult man squeezing his entire body into a slowly inflating water balloon.
YouTube‘s Slo Mo Guys filmed the ridiculous stunt in a garden, making sure to get high-quality slow-motion footage of the moment when the balloon burst. When you’re presented with the opportunity to buy a human-sized “climb-in balloon,” what else are you going to do?
Incidentally, whenever anyone in a YouTube video asks, “I wonder if you could drown in that?” the answer is invariably yes.
Screengrab via The Slo Mo Guys/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.