- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
- The cast list for the ‘Kingsman’ prequel movie looks totally nuts Monday 11:17 AM
Furry artist finds a sticker of his ‘fursona’ on a cop’s gun—and Twitter loses it
This is a wacky Twitter tale for the ages.
Jean Baxter Todd, a gay Argentinian artist living in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, first posted a video on Thursday showing an American police officer filling out paperwork. A close-up of the cop’s holstered firearm reveals a sketch from Todd on the bottom of his magazine—and it’s Todd’s fursona with the caption “i am useless and gay” written on its shirt.
“I don’t know what’s worse, the fact there’s someone out there selling stickers of my art and a fucking COP bought one to put it on his gun, or the fact someone actually recognized it as my art when they saw it,” Todd tweeted.
i'm losing my absolute mind over someone seeing a cop with my fucking art on his gun pic.twitter.com/MI5byLEKcK— T (@T0DDNET) March 1, 2018
i dont know what's worse, the fact there's someone out there selling stickers of my art and a fucking COP bought one to put it on his gun, or the fact someone actually recognized it as my art when they saw it— T (@T0DDNET) March 1, 2018
THERE'S A GUN OUT THERE WITH MY FURSONA'S FACE ON IT— T (@T0DDNET) March 1, 2018
it's this doodle https://t.co/Q3jsQa1W7j which makes this whole thing even more surreal— T (@T0DDNET) March 1, 2018
Soon, Todd’s tweets blew up, causing the internet to wonder why a cop would have a gay fursona on his magazine. And that’s when the police officer in question contacted Todd. Yes, the tweets found its way to the owner of the fursona-decorated gun.
“Dude my buddy made a few stickers to throw on his computer and I was like ‘I want one,'” the officer told Todd, “and then the department made some dumb policy to identify our magazines in the case of an [officer involved shooting]. So… that was my identification because… I’m gay and it’s funny.”
so there's people on tumblr saying this is edited and i'm glad to announce that, turns out, the cop is a follower of mine and he saw this tweet going around and messaged me.— T (@T0DDNET) March 2, 2018
he sent me more pics of the magazine, look pic.twitter.com/fL2sRR3FXK
Even with the mystery brought to its conclusion, Twitter walked away with more questions than answers about the cop.
I’ve watched this for five minutes and I still can’t come up with a reaction— venti sized green bitch @ fwa (@_badweave) March 1, 2018
this is absolutely fucking insane i'm deadass speechless— Bun Surfer (@jackanope) March 1, 2018
Welcome to zootopia— V1TRUO (@v1truo) March 2, 2018
this is a brave new world— Maxwell The Tiger (@MaxwellTheTige1) March 2, 2018
Ok yeah that’s it. Calling it now. 2018 isn’t real. Collective fever dream. We all bout to wake up 12/31/17— casey (@gh0stmaw) March 1, 2018
Should have done a bad dragon sticker 😂😂😂😂— Pyro Wolf99 Extreme PCD😭@TrebleTrill adopted son] (@Pyro_Wolf99) March 2, 2018
Turns out there are good cops out there after all.
Of COURSE IT'S MY FRIEND. OF COURSE. He just sent this to me and went "oh no this is me"— Kiran @PCD BOYZ (@Kirandeeran) March 2, 2018
I’m losing my mind, there’s one (1) good cop out there— 💀ANARCHO-PIZZAISM🍕 (@PizzaSkunk) March 2, 2018
Todd’s followers went on to show off other furry-based firearm decals too, albeit some more realistic than others.
Still waiting on the sbr stamp so the upper isn't final. This is the configuration I took to desert brutality sans the D60 pic.twitter.com/Tz6GP6ox3Z— Troy (@seraphjaguar) March 2, 2018
And here I was, thinking putting the foxhound logo except it’s Sabrina Skunk on my pistol would be “too much”. I am no longer afraid pic.twitter.com/pZdSrDl74C— Stuart K Reilly that YTP News guy (@ImStuartKReilly) March 2, 2018
At any rate, it seems Todd’s fan in the American police force will have plenty of furries to hang out with at the shooting range. That sounds just like Zootopia, right?
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.